Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DECELERATION VALVE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72914S
After hooking up all the air breather hoses looks like I forgot the decel valve (D jet 2.0) is this needed for proper tuning and running? confused24.gif It is running quite good .
Brad Roberts
Its semi smog related. I hook them up if the customer is used to driving the car with it hooked up. The cars returns to idle a lot slower with it in place and functioning. Some drivers get used to this.

Do you need it ? No.

B
72914S
Thanks Brad. Just wasn`t sure if it was needed.I just blocked off the barbs on the air breather. Sure wish there were more 914`s around here to compare notes with ; but then I wouldn`t get all the looks drivin around.
Brad Roberts
Lose the cold start injector (small pate). Lose the thermal time switch (mounted to base of plenum near dizzy).

Lose the AAR if you dont mind warming the car up with the gas pedal (or set the idle mixture a tad rich).

Lots of pieces we dont run on the 2.0 production race cars.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(72914S @ Oct 27 2003, 09:26 AM)
After hooking up all the air breather hoses looks like I forgot the decel valve (D jet 2.0) is this needed for proper tuning and running? confused24.gif It is running quite good .

engine (throttle) is more responsive without it.
RPMs go down much more rapidly, no "coasting" anymore ....

but, that's what you want in a real sports-car wink.gif
Andy
ChrisReale
Dude, my Thermo time switch broke on me and the car ran like shit. Really rich. Do you tweek the MPS to compensate for the lack of thermo time switch
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Oct 27 2003, 10:36 AM)
Dude, my Thermo time switch broke on me and the car ran like shit. Really rich. Do you tweek the MPS to compensate for the lack of thermo time switch

the only thing the thermotime switch is supposed to do is limit the amount of time the coldstart valve is permitted to squirt during cranking. even if it failed in such a way as to permit the coldstart even when it wasn't -really- cold - and failed in such a way that the time limit didn't kick in (heater element...) the thing is only supposed to be powered by Terminal 50 (start circuit)...

if any failure of this part affected your normal operation you had something else wrong (too) ...
fiid
What's the best way of plugging the holes in the intake plenum??

Fiid.
SirAndy
QUOTE(fiid @ Oct 27 2003, 04:24 PM)
What's the best way of plugging the holes in the intake plenum??

clamp a hose on it and put a bolt in the other end ...

dunno if it's the best way, but it sure is the easiest and fastest,
Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.