Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 takes TTOD with INR SCCA today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
GaroldShaffer
Well my little 1970 914 with a 73 2.0L and suspension mods runnng SCCA DSP class took TTOD with 59.270. smilie_pokal.gif To bad I wasn't driving, my brother in law was dry.gif
My best was 60.004 was 4th out of only 17 drivers today, but still MY 914 was driven fastest. I did come close to his time in the fun runs after the event with a 59.435

The usually heavy hitters were not there a SM 70 911 and the monster Sunbeam tiger, but there were 5 AWD WRX there. I like the comment this one kid said " what's that thing have in it a 6" Me "nope just a little 95hp flat 4" biggrin.gif

I like having my brother inlaw driving my car, it pushes me to do better. Overall a great time.
mskala
smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Ricard
Hey bro, nice job driving my car to TTOD. beerchug.gif
Now go get your own alfred.gif

Is your car FI or Carbed. I like how it's legal to upgrade from 1.7 or 1.8L to 2.0Land stay in Street prepared because it is on the same line in Appendix A.

I was just thinking. Stock motor that gets a super duper balance SDS Fuel injection Mallory ignition Tangerine header port matched 2.0L heads. Spin to 6500 RPM
thats like 60 in 2nd gear, 80 something in 3rd.

And the PAX is so soft in DSP. drooley.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Sep 9 2006, 03:57 PM) *

Hey bro, nice job driving my car to TTOD. beerchug.gif
Now go get your own alfred.gif

laugh.gif

That's what I told him. He wants one. MINE, but it is not for sale smile.gif I think next spring he will in able to afford a "Toy" of his own to drive. I really don't care if he drives my car only rule I have his he has to swap the street tire to my AX ones and visversa. I have a pit crew happy11.gif

Still FI
Joe Ricard
Yes tire monkies are wonderful.
I also make them go get the car from the paddock and bring it to grid.
J P Stein
Gud job, Joe's brother-in -law.....oh...ah... you too Joe biggrin.gif
17 cars at an SCCA AX....small pond, eh? biggrin.gif We normaly have bout 117, but I've never had a TTOD.

Humm.......I seem to be a bit confused....what's new? huh.gif
Just substitute Garold for Joe and this pest ...ah ..post may make sone sense
Trekkor
great news.

We had fun today, too.

KT
GaroldShaffer
Yep small pond today, we usually have about 50 drivers. Not sure why such a small turn out, but we did get 8 timed runs for points and about 20 fun runs driving.gif clap56.gif So my little 914 made 56 runs today driving.gif
Joe Ricard
Aw come on JP you could get TTOD if'n ya weren't so old and slow.

DAMN 56 runs? bet that took a toll on them tiars.

I only do fun runs on my street tires. race rubber gets $10.00 a run
mudfoot76
That is pretty sweet news Garold! +2 for the comments by the WRX driver biggrin.gif

Now you know that the car is capable -- just need to tighten the nut behind the wheel a little more! Maybe a little time on the big track down here would help a little? burnout.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.