Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Schumaker
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
J P Stein
After winning the Italian GP, Shumi announced his intent to retire at the end on the season. I for one will miss him. Alonso scattered his lump and got no points.
drgchapman
Watched the race live from Buenos Aires, Argentina this morning, about 7:30am local time. Have to say I let out a Whoo hoo! when Alonso's Renault grenaded. Shumi is only 2 points behind with 3 races yet to go. I'm wondering if Michelin is already done with F-1 as Alonso has had a hard time keeping up with the Bridgestone shod cars........
I would be tickled if Shumi went out with another championship. Sounds like Ferrari has a job waiting for him once he hangs up his helmet.
J P Stein
QUOTE(drgchapman @ Sep 10 2006, 03:19 PM) *

I would be tickled if Shumi went out with another championship. Sounds like Ferrari has a job waiting for him once he hangs up his helmet.

I dunno. Mikey's body language around the boss Ferrari guy didn't look too good. confused24.gif

drew365
I'm a little surprised. I thought he had another good year left in him. I like Schumi, but I always wondered how many championships he'd have if Senna hadn't died so early.
drgchapman
“My Formula 1 goodbye, as announced, will not be a goodbye to Ferrari or Willi. We will work together again in the future and I am happy about this."
Michael Schumacher, 11/09/06

There are several other quotes from Jean Todt and other team principals, along the same line.

Check out Racing-Live.com They have a virtual cornucopia of things to read about every thing racing, except NASCAR.

Sounds like he may still have a job....prolly pays less.
If Kimi and he can get a long, they may be fast.

Next year could real fun, maybe no clear cut leaders. Alonso can be beat.....by Schumi anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.