Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1/24 scale lexan 914 bodies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Demick
OK, I've got my hands on a very limited number of 1/24 scale lexan 914 bodies. There are 2 models: a stock fendered 914/4, and a flared 914/6GT. These can be used for slot cars, R/C cars, jello molds, or whatever else you might dream up. They come clear and unpainted. Since these are lexan, you paint them from the inside using special lexan paints (available from any hobby store that sells R/C cars). The GT models seem to have a rougher texture inside than the stock models do, but that shouldn't matter much once they are painted since the outer surface of the lexan provides the glossy finish.

I have 6 of each model available on a 1st come 1st served basis, but because I only have so few, the limit is 1 of each model per person. Cost is $13.50 each plus $4.00 shipping for 1, or $4.50 shipping for 2 (no shipping cost if you pick them up in Sunnyvale or Union City).

Reply to this message with what style you want. Then I will contact you about payment (paypal or check).

Demick
Demick
Here is mine, mounted on a radio controlled car chassis.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Demick
Like I said, also good for jello molds......

IPB Image
Dave_Darling
1 stock body for me!! smile.gif And I can definitely pick it up...

--DD
Demick
Here are a couple of videos. May not work with all players.

914 rc movie 1 (750K)

And finally, a 914 you can drive on your 914......

914 rc movie 2 (1.1MB)

Demick
Scott Carlberg
Demick,
I'll take one of the flared 914/6GT lexan 914 bodies.

Probably be best for you to mail it to me.

Scott
werksracer@yahoo.com
Rouser
I'll take one of each ... just contact me with total.
Qarl
1 flared for me.

Send payment instructions.

Karl Ellzey
SirAndy
QUOTE(Demick @ Oct 27 2003, 11:24 AM)
Here are a couple of videos. May not work with all players.

damm, is the rennlist server on a 14.4 baud modem?????

i got 10k/s (yes, TEN) transfer rate, it's 1989 all over again ... sad.gif
Andy
SirAndy
Demick,
at least one of the frames in your avatar animation does not clear the background.
looks kinds odd.

other than that, i like it! wub.gif
Andy
si2t3m
Hi Demick

1 stock body for me!!!

Marc-André
ArtechnikA
GT for me; shipping to 19438 will be required, thanks.
davep
I'll take a GT version.

DaveP
Howard
Deal me in. Stock body
Demick
OK. Fixed the Avitar. Thanks Andy.

Yes, the rennlist server is very slow, but I had nowhere else to put the videos.

Some people have e-mailed me off list, so there is currently only 1 GT model available - stock are all claimed.

Demick
JmuRiz
I'll take one of each if you still have them. Send me the paypal info and I'll have you send me them.

jmu914@hotmail
Demick
Nathan gets the last GT model (sorry Nathan, no stock models left).

That's it, they are all gone.....

Demick
Kerrys914
Son of a B.......headbang.gif
Demick
Rouser and DaveP

E-mail me at demick@yahoo.com

Both of your e-mails bounced (you probably need to update your 914club settings as your registered email address is probably old).

Demick
Curvie Roadlover
Put me on the waiting list incase anybody flakes, OK? Stock or GT smile.gif
djm914-6
I'd like to be in the stand by list for a GT and or a stock car.

I'll also offer my services at painting these bodies. A two color paint job $10. Trimmed $5.

I'll also set up a Ready to Run RC system for costs (Prepaid)
Rouser
Email sent ...
boxstr
One stock and one flared.
CCLINLEXANLAND
Aaron Cox
1 of each please (on waiting list)
markb
Add me to the waiting list too, for a stock body. Mark
dakotaewing
Please add me to the list - 1 of each.... headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

Thom
Mueller
I picked up my bodies tonight from Demick, the level of detail is insane, these things have better detail than some die cast metal kits I have seen !!!!

Thanks Demick smilie_pokal.gif
Rouser
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 27 2003, 09:39 PM)
i never got my cash back from mr secrest on the RC car bodies mad.gif ....
did that deal fall all the way through?

Just email him and he'll refund your order.

The sample body he received was less-than ideal, so he canceled the whole shebang.
si2t3m
Demick,

What RC car are you using for the 914 body?
TIA

Marc-André
Demick
QUOTE(si2t3m @ Oct 28 2003, 12:46 PM)
What RC car are you using for the 914 body?
TIA

I used a 1/28 scale Kyosho Mini-Z chassis to mount the 914 body. I did have to lengthen the wheelbase by about 1/2 inch to 4 inches. I did that by making a new, longer H plate (very easy). Then I attached the body with velcro. The body isn't attached all that well (it will flly off if you run into something), but I didn't want to drill holes in the body to mount it - and I won't be using that car to bash around.

Kyosho mini-z's run about $100-$120 and include all radio gear and electronics. They are very nice cars with full porportional steering and throttle.

Kyosho Mini-z from Tower Hobbies

You can get knock-offs of the mini-z, which are exactly the same car. Most people report no problems with them, although quality control doesn't seem to be quite as good as Kyosho. They are LXX ScaleZ cars, and the only place I know of to get them is direct from Hong Kong. Cost is about $45 including shipping.

ToyEast LXX ScaleZ

If you want the bare minimum to mount a car on, you can get HeiPao mini-z clones on e-bay for about $20-$25 shipped (just search for mini-z, anything that does not specify Kyosho brand is a knock off). These do not have porportional steering and throttle (on/off steering, on/off throttle). But they should be fine for mounting the body on (still must extend the wheelbase and figure out body mounting scheme just like the other cars). They just won't be all that great for driving around. One thing about the HeiPao clones - the motor *MAY* sit too high on these cars for the rear of the body to sit all the way down properly. On the Mini-z and LXX cars, you can rotate the motor to sit behind the rear axle instead of over the rear axle, which reduces the height needed. The HeiPao cars cannot do this.

There are a variety of other 1/24 scale r/c cars that you could use as well. Most important thing is that they be able to accomodate a 4" wheelbase. Width is also important, and you want something around 65mm width for the stock bodies, and something closer to probably 75mm for the GT bodies.

Hope that covers it.

Demick
Demick
There seems to be enough interest from people who did not get a body to warrant an additional order. For details and to sign up, I started a new thread.....

New Thread

Demick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.