Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ready to replace Oil Return Tubes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
Thanks to JP Stein, I now have 4 collapsible Oil Return Tubes that need installation. smilie_pokal.gif

I have heard that removal of the old ones is as easy as squeezing them with vice grips and working them out! Is that true? confused24.gif

I am working on fabricating a pair of expander pliers that will assist me in expanding the new tubes into place. Are there any other tips or tricks to make this job any easier??

Thanks in advance for all of your help!! Ya'll are great!

Jeff
J P Stein
Assuming the headers(heat exchangers) are out of the way, it' pretty straight foreward.

Channel locks for crushing the old tubes.....this is the brutal part...crush & twist.....oh, drain the oil first:lol:

Clean up the new/old tubes including the internal O rings. Coat liberialy with silicone *grease*. same, same with the other O rings. Clean out the bores....more grease.

Shove in one side...as I recall, do the head side first..the small end in there...there's just enuff room to get your fingers stuck.... then the other....it's not that easy, but it can be done. Expand the tubes enuff to expose the circlip slot. Snap that puppy in place. One down, 3 to go. Don't bother putting bandaids on you knuckles till they're all done laugh.gif `
Jeffs9146
OK JP, looks like its you and me on this one! I will use your tips and hope for the best! I think I have come up with a way to save my knuckles though. I will take pictures if it works!

Thanks again!

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.