Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know about the Red Stripe/Hedonism 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I've seen pictures of this car for years and I think it gets more lights everytime it is displayed. Is it a race car, a rally car, or Baja racer? confused24.gif

Does the owner hang out here?

I see it is for sale now at the GAF. Anyone see specs of price?

Elliot_Cannon
I first saw the car at the GAF five years ago. It was for sale then as well and he wanted $50,000 for it. It must have a GIGANTIC alternator to run all them lights.

Cheers, Elliot
Aaron Cox
wanna say the guys name is Bob, or Tom...

he also had the 2.4 Six Thunderbus that appeared at D/G several times
Joe Bob
The guy who built is from New yersey and now lives in Winnemunca Nevada....might not have the speeling right. He says he's east of Reno at 4K above sea level in a town of 7,00people.....most involved in the large gold mining operation.

The town has very few Porsches and he works on or owns them all. He said the main industry is the gold mine, the support for the gold mine and more than a few brothels....

The car was built...two of them actually for a Rastafarian in Jamacia pot smoker/smuggler. He managed to wrap one or two around some locals trees. Sent one back to his NJ shop where he rebuilt it.

Jamaman manged to get busted, went to jail.....the builder leined saled it and moved west ...he said the guy offered to pay him with or sell him or something....80 tons of pot smuggled in via a submarine...
URY914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 10 2006, 05:20 PM) *

I first saw the car at the GAF five years ago. It was for sale then as well and he wanted $50,000 for it. It must have a GIGANTIC alternator to run all them lights.

Cheers, Elliot

You mean these???

Joe Bob
He fired them up this morning...one of the four big Hellas upfront was dead. blink.gif

But you could see how overtaxed the alternator was....they brightened and dimmed with the motor revs.....
Aaron Cox
in my pics, he has a pair of 914 fusepanels, dedicated to LIGHTS LOL
John
QUOTE(mikez @ Sep 10 2006, 06:34 PM) *

He fired them up this morning...

The 80 tons of POT?

What is it about 914's and pot smokers?????? idea.gif

Lou W
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 10 2006, 06:17 PM) *

I've seen pictures of this car for years and I think it gets more lights everytime it is displayed. Is it a race car, a rally car, or Baja racer? confused24.gif

Does the owner hang out here?

I see it is for sale now at the GAF. Anyone see specs of price?

Maybe I missed something, but I thought the engine was for sale today, not the car.
swood
Dat so friggin funny mon! Never herd no rastas racin fe nuttin mon! Cept mebe a lite fe de magga spliff!

Rasta mon liv up!

LOL
Eric_Shea
11 posts and x number of pictures of this car and nobody on this board comments about Hedonism II? Especially Z?? confused24.gif
Aaron Cox
Hoooray Beeer!
WRX914
Only the 2.7 rs spec engine was for sale as he has a even more bad assed 6 prepped and ready for installation. He had the new engine on a trailer two years ago and when he fired it up, the entire swap meet would stare and drool.
brer
Tom Woodward.

I spoke with him and he seems like he has alot of 914 experience.
Also quite a few parts. Al Reed sent me to him with a question I had about some alloys. Nice guy, expensive webers.

davep
So, did anyone get the VIN on it? Is it an original six or not?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 11 2006, 09:38 AM) *

11 posts and x number of pictures of this car and nobody on this board comments about Hedonism II? Especially Z?? confused24.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonism
Eric_Shea
Yeah... it's a swingers resort.
URY914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 11 2006, 08:38 AM) *

Google it and don't filter the images biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 11 2006, 09:38 AM) *

I saw it...the word was too big fer me to pronounce.... blink.gif
JPB
What about my winky? Its always that small when I come out of the pool.

beer.gif Wikipedia Resort is next to Masterpedia Resort I think. av-943.gif
byndbad914
now I understand why there were "no ganja" stickers on the car (word ganja with a red circle/slash over it). I made the connection to Jamaica of course, but didn't know it was a smugglers car.

I didn't get any photos of it.. anybody get a shot with the stickers in the rear on the shock towers?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.