Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT, For all you that have snow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Someone should do this with a teener, Pretty cool! ohmy.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7&category=6737
SirAndy
damm, that would be tons of fun in a teener ...
where are those canadians when you need them?

you could rent it out or make a 914 snow racing event.
a 914 snowmobile AX !?!

i would come up there for that for sure.

i even volunteer to bring the "Glühwein" !!!
Andy
GWN7
We do have ice races here....

Just spent 6.5 hrs driving thru that white shit (normaly a 3 hr drive) 3 semis in the ditch, 2 cars and 17 drive-in-& outs). Were expecting between 4-6 " more of it (or so they say) have got 4" already. Nice heavy, slushy, icy crap.

The ice chunks on the highway tore off my front vallance. It is not so fun driving sideways at 60 when you don't want to.
Curvie Roadlover
I knew it was just a matter of time till we heard a reply on this thread from the GWN! laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
we could use that stuff to put out the fires in CA ohmy.gif
Mark Henry
Hahaha!

I think I'll stick with my more traditional sled!

I've seen a couple of flakes but nothing on the ground yet. Rain has been keeping me away from the teen.

We used to ice race cars and bikes (with wheels) when I was a kid, spikes and all.

But a sled is way more fun.
Sumptin about going across a frozen lake at over 100 mph that's just a tad cool.
w00t.gif
GWN7
Sleding is fun. The crap we got today isn't. It's deep enough and slushy enough that it builds up in front of your tires, instead of driving over it you push it ahead of you. Like driving on ballbearings.

Figures, I got the 70 safety on Friday, could drive it legaly if this crap haden't fallen. sad.gif

On a plus note Customs was very friendly today, even came out and cleaned off my front plate. (Camera can't take pictures thru ice). ph34r.gif
tracks914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 27 2003, 03:00 PM)
Hahaha!

I think I'll stick with my more traditional sled!

But a sled is way more fun.
Sumptin about going across a frozen lake at over 100 mph that's just a tad cool.
w00t.gif

I hear ya... mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
My touring sled does 107mph on radar. No speed limits on a lake (yet...and they haven't found a way to tax that here either...but they will)
But the sliding sidways at 75mph in amoungst the trees is the real rush. w00t.gif w00t.gif
Only another couple of weeks and I 'll have my sled out.
Put the teener away for the winter yesterday. Maybe next year I'll get to drive it. idea.gif
URY914
Whats snow?

Paul
tracks914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 27 2003, 03:31 PM)
Whats snow?

Paul

Something I wouldn't live without for 4 months of the year. I guess you just have to love it to live up here.
URY914
Than you'd hate this...
GWN7
That's why they invented plane tickets. laugh.gif
dryheat914
It was around 50F this morning warming to around 90F
This afternoon, Can't say I would be involved but would watch the video!
tracks914
I have all summer for that kind of stuff but this you just can't do on the beach. laugh.gif
Yes that is skiing in a blizzard on Mt tremblant last Feb.
Andyrew
I'd empty 3 gallons of POR15 on the 914 that did that! Boy it would be light!!

Hmm...

Andrew
Joe Ricard
We got 1.5 inches of rain from Saturday to this evening. Thats like 14 -15 inches of that white stuff. Plus I don't have to shovel it.

If I could I would have sent it to San Diego. They could use enough to put out the fires but not so much as to cause a Land slide.

Ya'll hang tough out there.
scotty
Okay...I've got the drive section figured out...IPB Image

...now to get to work on the front...ice racing tires??
GWN7
Thought those only adapted to 4 X 4's? laugh.gif

All you would need is a Porsche to Chev wheel adaptor. Wonder if Kennedy makes those? Or do they fit our bolt patterns?

I have a buddy that owns several float planes. He might have a set of ski's around that could be adapted.

The floor pan on a teener would be very suited to a conversion. Nice and smooth, that is till you get to the air intake. It might get a little clogged with snow.
SirAndy
i think you guys up there in the snow belt should get a roller and built one.
that would be a fun project ...

Andy
GWN7
I looked at the adaptors shown above last year. If I remember you could buy a really really nice 6 for what they cost. You could buy 2 nice snowmobles for the same $ Then add in the cost of the ski's....

It would take a lot of bank to build that conversion.

Calling Jessie James
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.