Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teener valve job.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poohsan
It is painfully obvious that I need a valve job on my Teener. Does anyone have a suggestion on who I should take it too? I’m located near the LAX area of Los Angeles, CA.

Thanks,
Arron
Aaron Cox
take it to Joe's (kaptkaos) LOL

you are kinda far from me to help... sad.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Sep 10 2006, 07:42 PM) *

take it to Joe's (kaptkaos) LOL

you are kinda far from me to help... sad.gif

finger.gif

Anyway, are you talking just an adjustment? If so, you can call Alex Wong at PreTech. He'll have to keep it for a day because the car needs to be cold to adjust the valves. His number is 310-822-4566. He over by the Costco in Cluver City/Marina Del Rey. Let me know if you need a ride back from his shop.

I'd say we could do it here, but I suck at adjusting valves. I never seem to get it right. sad.gif
KaptKaos
Oh yeah, tell him about the tranny in the SC too.
dlo914
hmm...why not print out the tech article from Pelicanparts and have a go at it. The only tools you'll need are some feeler gauges a 14mm wrench and a stubby flat tip screw driver. It may take longer the first time, but at most it'll take you an hour or so. I'm also around the LA area (alhambra) east of downtown. I could assist you if you needed any help.
Howard
Valve job or just adjust?
Aaron Cox
valve adjust arent fun.... but arent complicated....

have a go at it.
Dominic
QUOTE(poohsan @ Sep 10 2006, 07:25 PM) *

It is painfully obvious that I need a valve job on my Teener. Does anyone have a suggestion on who I should take it too? I’m located near the LAX area of Los Angeles, CA.

Thanks,
Arron

http://www.drdracingheads.com/headmaster.html

This is one of the best places to get head/valve work done.
byndbad914
http://www.ottosvenice.com/

Been in biz forever and can do pretty much everything you would need, whether a simple adjust or a teardown. Would probably send a valve job out tho'. As with a previous question, I can't tell if you already have it disassembled and just need a valve job and reassemble on your own, or if you just need an adjust, or if you need someone that can disassemble/reassemble.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.