Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autocross! Autocross! Autocross!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
ConeDodger
The Sacramento Valley Region of the PCA (pinky lifters to you Britt pissoff.gif ) will be holding an autocross at the San Joaquin County Fairgrounds Saturday September 16th (See the SVR site for flyer and details)

There will be giraffes and elephants, dancing girls mrs.K.gif , a bearded lady...

Seriously, it would be nice if you Bay Area guys would show up for this event. We have about 20 prescheduled participants now. Our courses are almost always 914 friendly biggrin.gif

Who is in??? Who has the stones to take on Steve Nieslony on his own turf?

I look forward to seeing you guys. Lets make it a 914 top 5! driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Trekkor
I'd love to, but...

I'll be running Laguna Seca that day. mueba.gif

KT
ConeDodger
QUOTE(trekkor @ Sep 10 2006, 09:40 PM) *

I'd love to, but...

I'll be running Laguna Seca that day. mueba.gif

KT

Have a great time... Catch you next time.
grantsfo
I'll be chasing Trekkor around Laguna. Less cars means more runs right? Have a great time.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Sep 10 2006, 11:59 PM) *

I'll be chasing Trekkor around Laguna. Less cars means more runs right? Have a great time.

Now I am getting depressed...

Ahhh I know. The tech inspector is my freind and neighbor. I am going out to dinner with him tomorrow night. I can arrange to have you guys not pass tech and have him suggest that you make a run for Stockton and go to the autocross! That is the plan!

Ok... Have a good time. But don't chase. Everyone knows that blue cars are faster than white cars!!!

Oh gosh. Now I have started it. hide.gif
Steve_7x
Rob,

Joy and I along with a few others will be there on Saturday. Looking to have fun on Saturday!

For those on the fence. The weather has been great in the valley - low 80's, you will get plenty of runs and plenty of seat time. Hopefully we can convince some of you to make the journey to our site and event.

Cheers!

Steve
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Sep 10 2006, 08:51 PM) *

The Sacramento Valley Region of the PCA (pinky lifters to you Britt pissoff.gif ) will be holding an autocross at the San Joaquin County Fairgrounds Saturday September 16th (See the SVR site for flyer and details)

There will be giraffes and elephants, dancing girls mrs.K.gif , a bearded lady...

Seriously, it would be nice if you Bay Area guys would show up for this event. We have about 20 prescheduled participants now. Our courses are almost always 914 friendly biggrin.gif

Who is in??? Who has the stones to take on Steve Nieslony on his own turf?

I look forward to seeing you guys. Lets make it a 914 top 5! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

I forgot to mention, this is a Zone Event!
RoadGlue
I'll be racing with the PCA at the Sonoma County Airport on Saturday, sorry!
Steve_7x
Rob,

Per the Zone Calendar, the Zone event is the one in October, not September.

Steve
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Steve_7x @ Sep 11 2006, 04:30 PM) *

Rob,

Per the Zone Calendar, the Zone event is the one in October, not September.

Steve

Steve,

My bad. It is SVR Region Series Number 2 Event... Asleep when I wrote that I think.

Rob
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Sep 11 2006, 12:08 PM) *

I'll be racing with the PCA at the Sonoma County Airport on Saturday, sorry!

C'mon Randy! You're killin' me here! I am going to be driving my 4 cylinder with the wheels I bought from you!

Not sure how we wound up with events on the same day. Ours is a bigger lot. Hard to beat an event in your back yard though. Have a good time... alone... Crying 'cause no one else came. Hey! you can still come to ours! jsharp.gif Dinner afterwards?
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Sep 12 2006, 08:49 AM) *

C'mon Randy! You're killin' me here! I am going to be driving my 4 cylinder with the wheels I bought from you!

Not sure how we wound up with events on the same day. Ours is a bigger lot. Hard to beat an event in your back yard though. Have a good time... alone... Crying 'cause no one else came. Hey! you can still come to ours! jsharp.gif Dinner afterwards?

Which wheels did you buy from me? I've sold a few sets over the years...

I'd consider the drive out to the valley if 'ol smokey' wasn't so smokey. It's getting pretty nasty to drive, especially when sitting at lights. I always have a little pity for the cars behind me too, unless they're tailgating. Then they get the "rev up to 6k, decel hard SMOKE BOMB." smile.gif

Dinner sounds good, but I'll be zonked after a full day in the sun. I think going home to my hun and cold beer will probably be the key to happiness that evening, but thanks for the invite!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Sep 12 2006, 10:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Sep 12 2006, 08:49 AM) *

Which wheels did you buy from me? I've sold a few sets over the years...

I'd consider the drive out to the valley if 'ol smokey' wasn't so smokey. It's getting pretty nasty to drive, especially when sitting at lights. I always have a little pity for the cars behind me too, unless they're tailgating. Then they get the "rev up to 6k, decel hard SMOKE BOMB." smile.gif

Dinner sounds good, but I'll be zonked after a full day in the sun. I think going home to my hun and cold beer will probably be the key to happiness that evening, but thanks for the invite!

2 liter Fuchs. It wasn't you that delivered them. I believe the guy said he was selling them for you? We (he and I) met at the In and Out Burger in Fairfield and did the swap in the parking lot. I think they are the ones on my car. I have 10 or 11 of them now. Enjoy your day...
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Sep 12 2006, 10:50 AM) *

2 liter Fuchs. It wasn't you that delivered them. I believe the guy said he was selling them for you? We (he and I) met at the In and Out Burger in Fairfield and did the swap in the parking lot. I think they are the ones on my car. I have 10 or 11 of them now. Enjoy your day...

I listed those wheels for my friend Jasper. They were the extra set of wheels he got with the 914 he purchased (which now happens to be my 914).

Have a great race on Sat!
McMark
I'll be in San Diego. sad.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 14 2006, 01:13 AM) *

I'll be in San Diego. sad.gif

You guys have fun... We have a nice course drawn up. It flows. No tricks or gimmicks intended to make us look smart and you look well... No dangerous worker stations. Should be in the + or - 40 second range with Steve and Joy being in the - range and the rest of us well...

Steve if you get there early enough we need some help with set up... biggrin.gif
Steve_7x
Rob,

Sounds good. We will try to be there as early as possible to help.

I am however dealing with really bad tendinitis in my right shoulder, so I will not be lifting or throwing cones. My Doc will opt for amputation if I do hevaly lifting ;-)

See you on Saturday am!

Steve
ConeDodger
The course is all set to go and approved by several of the hot shoe 914 community...

You will enter the course and do a complete practice lap before entering the timer and then TWO laps on the course. With probably 30 cars or so you should get some very good seat time...

Come one! Come all! driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Steve_7x
I love the 1+2 format - I do not know anyone else that is running it these days. Much easier on transmission/diffs then the hot lap format, no ackward tight corners to start or end a run... way cool! See you on Saturday!
ConeDodger
So before someone says that this is no good without pictures, we were too short staffed for anyone to be taking pics so sorry...

About 32 cars and perhaps 36 drivers. More 914's than I expected. Kim and Rachel brought out the concours queen. It looked and moved like a car that had never seen a concours on course. Very well driven.
Steve and Joy were there with the Pylon Assasin. TTOD for Steve and Joy showed quite well too.
The Fleming family with a new to them 914 2.0 came out with son Ryan and his first autocross. Ryan took extensive instruction from Steve and his line through a particularly challenging portion of the course had me amazed. Simply beautiful.
I had the Submarine today. I am impressed with how much better the car handles on the same size tires but wider wheels. I went back to the Revolutions that Jim Chambers had on the car and although the pyrometer readings tell me the suspension is not set up right and it still isn't enough tire for the motor the car felt so much easier to drive fast... By the way, the new to me 5 lug Fuchs for the conversion arrived yesterday and are in almost new condition.

A couple very fast 911 pilots kept the top 10 from being an all 914 affair. Larry Sharp showed us what poetry would look like if it were a car being driven on an autocross course.
Bob Peake is hecka fast but doesn't look it. Smooth as a spanked babies butt...
I forget the name but the car belongs to Elephant Racing. Sweet.
Lastly Ken Mitchell came out with his Camaro and put on a total exhibition of speed and power.

Results soon.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Sep 16 2006, 10:14 PM) *

I had the Submarine today. I am impressed with how much better the car handles on the same size tires but wider wheels. I went back to the Revolutions that Jim Chambers had on the car and although the pyrometer readings tell me the suspension is not set up right and it still isn't enough tire for the motor the car felt so much easier to drive fast... By the way, the new to me 5 lug Fuchs for the conversion arrived yesterday and are in almost new condition.

Results soon.

Das Boot lives!
It's actually a decent AX car as is......but with more tiar, more tweaks & more lightness it could be really good. Careful tho, I've never found a place to pull over on this road biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Sep 17 2006, 05:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Sep 16 2006, 10:14 PM) *

Results soon.

Das Boot lives!
It's actually a decent AX car as is......but with more tiar, more tweaks & more lightness it could be really good. Careful tho, I've never found a place to pull over on this road biggrin.gif

JP,

I think an alignment is all it is going to get for now. Maybe some bushings. What the car needs more than anything in order to do better is for me to get more seat time. It is much different than my 4 cylinder... Steve took a fun run and with my fat ass in the P seat he bettered my best by a second. Not a real suprise given his talent and experience but impressive none-the-less...
Then I will get on that road...
ConeDodger
Oh... I forgot to mention. During the event out of the Northern side of the course comes a guy wearing a karting flak jacket and a driving suit... Could it be? OMG it is! Nathan Breitling wandered over from the kart track during a break from the open practice session.

I guess he just wanted to apologise for all that red paint on the 2.0 liter core I bought from him...

We almost did dinner but it didn't work out. Nathan if you are monitoring these parts, we ended up at Mountain Mike's Pizza off Louise. Good bench racing session. Always good to pick Steve's brain...
nebreitling
sorry for the wild goose-chase, guys! i felt really bad, looking for an In/out that i SWEAR was there.... , my apologies for that....

ANYway, sorry to miss the pizza! yup, steve's brain is a good one to pick. you guys looked good out there! small site, but a nice looking course.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Sep 17 2006, 10:51 AM) *

sorry for the wild goose-chase, guys! i felt really bad, looking for an In/out that i SWEAR was there.... , my apologies for that....

ANYway, sorry to miss the pizza! yup, steve's brain is a good one to pick. you guys looked good out there! small site, but a nice looking course.

It isn't the size of the lot as much as what you do with the course... That was a major topic of the evening. Some clubs have major lots and awful courses. Too many cones, too many gimmicks. I have held autocrosses on much smaller lots than yesterday at the fairground that were fun and flowing, safe and memorable.

You would have enjoyed the evening... It was good to see you.

Look us up again and keep in touch.
Steve_7x
Results had been sent out by email - posted for your reading pleasure:

Name Region Year Make Model Best Time
Steve Nieslony SVR 1972 Porsche 914 31.315
Larry Sharp GGR 1974 Porsche 911 33.324
Kenneth-Allan Mitchell SVR 1989 Chevrolet Camaro 34.196
Chuck Moreland GGR 1973 Porsche 911 34.978
Bob Peake SVR 1997 Porsche 993 35.238
Joy Sease SVR 1972 Porsche 914 35.309
Rob Sime SVR 1975 Porsche 914 35.851
Tim Fleming SVR 1974 Porsche 914 36.234
Kim Nelson SVR 1973 Porsche 914 36.425
Mike Thomas SVR 2000 Porsche Boxster 37.198
Cameron Lloyd BMW CCA 1999 BMW M Coupe 37.288
Rachel Johnson SVR 1973 Porsche 914 37.799
Ed Busuttil SVR 1987 Porsche 911 38.206
Ryan Fleming SVR 1974 Porsche 914 38.277
Lisa Thomas SVR 1990 Porsche 911 C4 38.282
Kathy Smalley SDR 2005 Mercedes C230 38.454
William Thorp SDR 2005 Mercedes C230 38.532
Ed Abalos 1980 Porsche 911SC 38.566
Volodymyr Osadchuk SVR 1985 Porsche 944 38.693
Matt Deter SVR 1995 Porsche 911 39.097
Michael Minnikov 1985 Porsche 944 39.591
Rick Kirkpatrick 1995 Porsche 911 40.078
Lee Deter SVR 1995 Porsche 911 40.380
Allison Stark SVR 1997 Porsche 911 40.608
Richard Walker SVR 1995 Porsche 911 41.187
Christie Bacchus GGR 1999 Porsche 911 C4 42.283
Michael Morris SVR 2000 Porsche 911 42.340
Steve_7x
Nate - consider yourself forgiven. I knew as I got closer to 205 that the In/Out was the one down in Tracy - we were heading the wrong way. Hope to see you come out an take advantage of the site next time.

Cheers!
Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.