Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monza Exhaust dual tipped
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ziggy101
are the dual tip Monza exhausts any good? do they sound good? anyone have one?
So.Cal.914
I have an Anza which the monza was based on and I like it, good sound and

performance.
defianty
QUOTE(ziggy101 @ Sep 11 2006, 05:38 AM) *

are the dual tip Monza exhausts any good? do they sound good? anyone have one?

They sound great and look great. This is the only pic I have and I'd taken this as I'd just installed new plates. In the UK cars registed before '72 can use this style black and silver plate. You can just see the right two exhausts. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
pfierb
I have one on my 73 2.0 very pleased....looks and sounds good
Cap'n Krusty
AHEM! They're crap. They're REALLY heavy, they rust at a rate nearly 10 times that of the rest of the car, and did I mention they're heavy?
bd1308
I agree. I have a anza or manta or something.

It turned from factory fresh to rust pile in ONE year.

I sanded it all down and it rusted just laying in the grass.

b
pfierb
Gosh mine has been on for over a year and no rust to speak of,maybe I got a defective one.
bd1308
Mine is dual dual tips if that makes sense.

defianty
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 11 2006, 02:44 PM) *

AHEM! They're crap. They're REALLY heavy, they rust at a rate nearly 10 times that of the rest of the car, and did I mention they're heavy?

Mine's been on the car now for six years and still solid. Must admit though the car never goes out in the wet.
pfierb
QUOTE(defianty @ Sep 11 2006, 10:02 AM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 11 2006, 02:44 PM) *

Mine's been on the car now for six years and still solid. Must admit though the car never goes out in the wet.

That is because you get no rain in the U.K.
Moneypit
I think there may be "other" companies making cheap knockoffs that rust really fast, because thats what I think I have... They really sound good, but like captn said, they can rust really fast, and they weigh alot... for the purpose of cruisin around and lookin cool, i think its the bes. but for auto cross, probably not the greatest....

I've thought about getting someone to fab me up a duplicate out of stainless or something...
Tom
Ziggy,
I have a new one for 75 / 76 . Never installed. Changed to early SSHE's and Triad exhaust. Triad sounds really good. Not as loud as I remember the Monza being , but more throaty. I'll sell the Monza for $100.00 .
Tom
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 11 2006, 06:44 AM) *

i believe you meant "dusty", not rusty ... biggrin.gif

manta, (monza knockoff), not nearly as heavy.
5 years of use and no rust to speak of yet. that's pretty good for *any* car muffler ...
poke.gif Andy

IPB Image
914fan
I have a Monza off a 73 1.7. Its yours for $50 (obo) plus shipping from 92708. Warning It is HEAVY. If you can pick it up it would save you lots o money. I love how it sounds, but when I was driving 100 miles a day on average, I got a head ache sometimes. I changed to a bursch.
ziggy101
QUOTE(914fan @ Sep 11 2006, 08:31 AM) *

I have a Monza off a 73 1.7. Its yours for $50 (obo) plus shipping from 92708. Warning It is HEAVY. If you can pick it up it would save you lots o money. I love how it sounds, but when I was driving 100 miles a day on average, I got a head ache sometimes. I changed to a bursch.

well i bought one brand new a week or two ago, and im still waiting for it to come in. i am just curious on the sound and rust issues, and it sounds like it should be ok. and to those who say it rusts, i live in california, we dont have a lot of salt on the roads, and it is not going to be driven in the rain. so i dont see how it can rust. and on the other hand, i am 15 years old, so i dont think ill be autocrossing anytime soon. so for a cruise car, hopefully itll perform ok. do u guys agree?
turboman808
FASHION POLICE WOO WOO WOO WOO mrs.K.gif
ziggy101
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Sep 11 2006, 02:45 PM) *

FASHION POLICE WOO WOO WOO WOO mrs.K.gif

lol wat? cant a fifteen year old have a nice 914?
JPB
I had one and it sounded great!! Probably loose all the performance from the weight but you gain a great sound. It also warms up that 4 banger tin can effect.

beer.gif Not good on migrain days.
ziggy101
QUOTE(JPB @ Sep 11 2006, 02:51 PM) *

I had one and it sounded great!! Probably loose all the performance from the weight but you gain a great sound. It also warms up that 4 banger tin can effect.

wat do u mean by a 4 banger tin can effect? is it loud then? lol i want to be heard, but if its really loud, i dont want the cops questioning me lol. its weird in my area
edrotol
QUOTE(Tom @ Sep 11 2006, 06:53 AM) *

Ziggy,
I have a new one for 75 / 76 . Never installed. Changed to early SSHE's and Triad exhaust. Triad sounds really good. Not as loud as I remember the Monza being , but more throaty. I'll sell the Monza for $100.00 .
Tom

I am interested from right coast. Please quote shipping to 01890. Call me at 6175231300, Thanks.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(ziggy101 @ Sep 11 2006, 03:00 PM) *

wat do u mean by a 4 banger tin can effect? is it loud then? lol i want to be heard, but if its really loud, i dont want the cops questioning me lol. its weird in my area

I have an Anza which is the father of the others. Other than the tips angling

up and mufflers wrapped in aluminium I've seen no differance. Got mine new in

83 I have not noticed anymore rust than on any other piece of exposed heated

metal. Yes they are heavy but not that much more than the stock one, and talk

about rust. It was the sound that sold me on the Anza the one I put on first

made it sound like a VW with an attitude, the Anza's sound was different.

Yes ,loud but if you cruse it's passable, It's when I put my foot into it that's when

it's loud.
byndbad914
QUOTE(ziggy101 @ Sep 11 2006, 03:00 PM) *

QUOTE(JPB @ Sep 11 2006, 02:51 PM) *

I had one on my 72 and another friend had a 74 with stock exhaust. He hated the way his car sounded, and then he saw mine with that exhaust and loved it. I really like it too. Not really loud IMO, just gave the 4cyl a bit burlier sound.

Mine was on for probably 5yrs, did rust on the outside, but I still have it laying on the garage floor the last 7yrs and it still feels solid (and heavy as aforementioned). I don't really need to hang onto it, but you never know when I might up and buy another 914... anyway, for a streeter, I think you will be happy with both the look and the improved sound.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.