Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Glue from Germany needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bartlett 914
I use a glue in my business that comes from Germany. It is UHU Plus Endfest 300.

This is a rather common glue available in Germany but is not available here. I usually stock up on the occasions I go to Germany or get someone to bring some back to me. I currently have no travel plans or know of anyone going there anytime soon. I am about to run out out. I could find a different glue here but I really like this stuff and I don't want to experiment.

Is there any here located in Europe that is willing to ship me some? Please PM me and we can work out the details.

Thanks in advance
dakotaewing
Try this....
736conver
This stuff is even better than that wink.gif

http://us.vario-helicopter.biz/shop/produc...oducts_id=33435

Google is a wonderful tool.
Bartlett 914
I admit I haven't looked into this here in the US for awhile. I have tried in the past with no luck. UHU was willing to ship to me direct but there was a huge minimum. The material has a limited shelf life so much of it would have to be tossed later. Thank you for the replys and the links!!

Mark
736conver
So whats the scoop on this glue. What do you use it for.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(736conver @ Sep 11 2006, 08:50 AM) *

So whats the scoop on this glue. What do you use it for.

This is a Thermoset epoxy. On the package, it tells you:
Room temp cures in 12 hours 1200 n/cm hardness
100 Degrees C (boiling water) 10 minutes 2500 n/cm
180 Degrees C (really damn hot) 5 minutes 3500n/cm

This stuff not only takes the heat and gets harder by heating it as it cures. Saves a lot of time also. On a machine I service, there is a part that gets glued in place. It is a critical part. It is a "Nut Segment" that rides on a lead screw. This moves a very heavy carriage on a machine bed (much like a lathe). This nut segment has a male and a female component. The glue fills in the gap, gets real hard making it a single component.

Mark
defianty
You have PM
Gustl
so I guess you don't need help from Europe any longer idea.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Sep 11 2006, 09:17 AM) *

so I guess you don't need help from Europe any longer idea.gif

wavey.gif Gustl

I placed an internet order from a site in Colorado but the site stated that they would contact me before shipping? I am not sure what that means. I think I am O.K.

Thanks for asking

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.