Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Turn Six" Front Sway Bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nick mironov
I have an opportunity to buy a brand new front sway bar made by "Turn Six". The seller says it is an "under-body" style.

I could not find a website for it.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this sway bar? Junk, worthwhile...?

d914
while some 911 use the under body sway we typically use a through body sway. Whats the use and spec of the car.. Simple upgrade is a 911 19mm stock bar from '70'73 era.. (??? yrs)
Eric_Shea
Stock 911 bars are 16mm.

76 930 bars are 19mm. Getting harder to find though. I believe you can buy them from Porsche for a reasonable price...
d914
damn your fast and correct,,,,,I hate that!!!! smile.gif
Eric_Shea
My wife says the same thing but left off the correct part w00t.gif

Uhhhhhhhhh Turn Six. Never heard of them. I don't know of "any" aftermarket under body bars. Fact is, the early Porsche ones are 18mm and the later ones were 20mm. You can get under body 18mm factory bars for $20 on up. Choose wisely.
d914
oh hell shipping and I'll give him the one I got with my SC front end...If its still around here,,,,,been cleaning up!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 11 2006, 09:23 AM) *

Fact is, the early Porsche ones are 18mm and the later ones were 20mm. You can get under body 18mm factory bars for $20 on up. Choose wisely.

i ran the stock underbody bar from a '84 carrera for a quite some time while i was saving money for my tarett bar ...

interestingly enough, that 911 underbody bar measured 21mm ...
cool_shades.gif Andy

PS: it worked fine, better than *no* sway bar for sure. only real drawback is that they're not adjustable ...
Eric_Shea
...later one were probably 21mm vs. 20mm. It's been a while since I had one in my grubby mits.
Lou W
I bought a "Turn Six" sway bar for my 1977 Toyota Celica back in 1978. I didn't even know that they were still around.
Scott S
Addco has made them for a looooong time too.

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/ADD914.htm

I think the picture they show is wrong - here is an actual diagram:
maf914
The sway bar drop link in the picture above looks like it would be pretty close to the ground. I would guess its 3" lower than the A-arm its mounted to. Watch out for debris! laugh.gif

I bought a set of Addco bars for my old Nissan pickup. They were very simple in construction and hardware, but they did improve the handling quite a bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.