Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Empty brake fluid reservoir
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
terrymason
Took the 914 out for a drive, and noticed that my brakes weren't working as good as they should. By the end of the drive, I probably had 25% braking ability, the pedal would do all the way to the floor, and I'd slow to a stop. I noticed that the rear portion of my fluid reservoir was empty when I pulled it in the garage - now it's question time:

(74 914)

1. Does the rear portion (larger part) link to the front or the back brakes?
2. I'm going to replace the rubber hoses while I'm fixing the current problem - I can get them from pelican (Ate brand), but advance auto has several styles too (Raybestos, Tru Torque and Beck). I'd rather buy local (quicker) - any thoughts about what brand is the best?

As usual guys, thanks for the help!
terrymason
I was just looking for rebuilt calipers, and my local auto zone has them online for $33 each - is that even possibly right? seems super cheap to me..

So.Cal.914
Typicaly the larger cell is for the front brakes.
terrymason
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Sep 11 2006, 10:18 AM) *

Typicaly the larger cell is for the front brakes.

That's what I figured - also, I imagine that if the rear brakes had gone, it wouldn't have made as much difference.

Thanks!
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(terrymason @ Sep 11 2006, 11:12 AM) *

I was just looking for rebuilt calipers, and my local auto zone has them online for $33 each - is that even possibly right? seems super cheap to me..

If cheap equals good for you, then go with FLAPS "rebuilt" calipers. If you like stopping when you need to, you don't like leaks, you don't want to make numerous trips to the store until you get a pair of "good" ones, and you value your own lift and that of otheres, then look elsewhere. Like Eric Shea, for example. Hoses? ATE all the way. They fit, they last, and the price is right. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.