Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What should I put in my engine???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
Ok, getting ready to put the car up for the season.....
going in this year for some internal assessment and power up.

thinking about stroking and camming. Thoughts?

Going to run megasquirt, so wild cam is ok,

I am not going to change pistons and cylinders out now. Just the bottom end so I don't have to do it later. Whats the experience with Engle cams?

What about stroked cranks, where to get? what to stay away from? I need more than 77 hp!! Can't afford a Jake built engine yet laugh.gif
thanks, herb
SirAndy
what size is yer engine?
crash914
Sorry, 2.0
SirAndy
i'd say go with a agressive webcam. but getting the MS injection to fully utilize that cam is going to be the challange.

coincidentally, that's EXACTLY what we're working on here right now cool.gif
Andy
DNHunt
Crash

Wild cam within reason. remember EFI depends on a vacuum signature unless you run alpha N. A real wild cam will be hard to tune.

You should be able to get more aggressive that D-jet.

Dave
Mark Henry
Yeh, stick with a milder bumpstick, not too tame, but not a drag cam.

If your stroke'in it change to 96's with Type 1 pins and journals, you need it to bring the deck down.

Get a Web cam and matching lifters, at least they will replace their stuff if it goes bad.
roundboy914
I just picked up my '76 2.0 from Brad Mauyer, and he put in a web cam, with the matching lifters, and 96 mm pistons. Still have to keep the rev's under 4k, put the engine pulls nicely so far... also, i have carbs, i think that carbs are necessary if you chnge the cam, the EFi can't really maximize the benefits of the cam.
crash914
Good info so far, but,

Who is stroking the motor, where to get the crank?

The group overall is pro web cam, so that is the direction I most likely will go....thanks herb
Charles Deutsch
96 mm pistons and a 78 mm crank will give you 2258 cc. Demello supposedly makes good cranks http://www.demellocranks.com/New%20Price%20List.htm .
dryheat914
I think this is a good one for Jake....

JAKE!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.