Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my seat adjuster handle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PORobinSCHE
here's my home version of the seat adjuster handle
Dave_Darling
Very cool!! And I bet it won't break the third time you use it, like the plastic replacement ones do...

Now you need to round the corners a little bit (sand or file them) so you don't hurt your hand when you try to move the seat. Also, try dunking them in that rubber coating they sell for tool handles. That'll give you a nice grip, I think!

--DD
PORobinSCHE
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 11 2006, 10:08 PM) *

Very cool!! And I bet it won't break the third time you use it, like the plastic replacement ones do...

Now you need to round the corners a little bit (sand or file them) so you don't hurt your hand when you try to move the seat. Also, try dunking them in that rubber coating they sell for tool handles. That'll give you a nice grip, I think!

--DD

Dave, the corners do have a radius . i used the radius stamping tool at work. i didn't like the rubber coating finish,so i went with several coats of red. notice how similar the shape is to the square Porsche key?
Howard
I'll take 2. Well done!
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Sep 11 2006, 07:17 PM) *

Dave, the corners do have a radius . i used the radius stamping tool at work. i didn't like the rubber coating finish,so i went with several coats of red. notice how similar the shape is to the square Porsche key?

Damn, I completely missed both of those points!!! Heck, that's even cooler!

--DD
JmuRiz
Hopefully someone will make a good one of these and sell them to the needy public. I was sooooo ticked when I broke my original one, always super carefull but no luck.

Let us know if you or anyone else is making them to sell. I think you'd have quite a few buyers here!
rktmn247
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Sep 12 2006, 05:57 AM) *

Hopefully someone will make a good one of these and sell them to the needy public. I was sooooo ticked when I broke my original one, always super carefull but no luck.

Let us know if you or anyone else is making them to sell. I think you'd have quite a few buyers here!

Camp 914 is already all over it!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=59934
nomore9one4
QUOTE(rktmn247 @ Sep 12 2006, 09:41 AM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Sep 12 2006, 05:57 AM) *

Camp 914 is already all over it!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=59934

He steals all the good ideas! wink.gif
dwillouby
Yea I was getting ready to make them and Camp 914 beat me to it. sad.gif

David
PORobinSCHE
if you look at the original piece , it actually started out as a design piece for a Disney ride. the design was scrapped ,saw it laying around . i guess i will find a few more.

Robin smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.