Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replaced Alt. and Volt Reg - Still Not Charging
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ne14914
hey guys,

I replaced my alternator and voltage regulator over the weekend because my car wasnt charging and the car still wont charge. I checked, and double checked the wiring and everything looks to be ok. When I turn the key to the on position I dont get the idiot light either. what could the problem be?

Craig
jimtab
could be a bad switch or the wiring coming into the switch could be "buggered up" a precise technical term. First check to see nothing seems out of place at the back of the switch and go from there.
flyloki
Light Blub is integral to charging system, definitely check and/or replace before doing anything else.
SirAndy
QUOTE(flyloki @ Oct 27 2003, 01:59 PM)
Light Blub is integral to charging system, definitely check and/or replace before doing anything else.

yepp, as far as i know the light bulb is part of the circuit (sp?).
if the bulb is shot, no charging ...

Andy
davep
agree.gif

Without the bulb the alternator can't start up. Or its in the wiring for that circuit. Get the bulb to come on first and you will be almost there. OH yeah, no substitutes on the bulb, only the original will work properly.

DaveP
ChrisFoley
Another possibility, if the light is ok - the relay board in the engine compartment has a tar layer on the bottom that can come loose and the circuits become exposed. Sometimes the voltage regulator connectors will push out the bottom so the regulator isn't connected. Feel the bottom of the relay board to check for this.
Dave_Darling
Have you checked through the "charging system troubleshooting" article on Pelican yet?

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.