Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New rules coming out for SCCA SOLO racing.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
I we just did the math and I am now thinking I could use one of them fancy schmancy 2270's

Comes out to 1699 pounds no driver. Oh thi s is going to be good as I have all my 2.0L stuff boxed up and ready to go to our man in Ga.

Honey? remember that kid we are sending to college? screw him . alfred.gif
Aaron Cox
can you say "rocket!"

so you are gonna go chopped ala URY and a ginther screen?
Joe Ricard
Really want to stay streetable. No budget for truck trailer and crap.
as long as I can still haul all my crap in the car I'm good.
Brett W
Hey Joe, I have a Civic in my shop that I am working on right now to run in XP. The car weighs in around 1800lbs and I haven't removed any metal yet. It also still has stock front and rear glass. If I can talk him into a small turbo he will be a major competitor in the region. He can drive also so that makes a double awesome combo.

Better bring a really big hammer.
Joe Ricard
My co-driver from Last year and driving Mentor. Has a SM Civic hatch. 250 HP on good Hoosiers. Seriously hopped up car with lots of suspension goodies. I kicked his butt last time we were together.

Everybody said DAMN!!!!!! Joe Learned how to drive. Well not yet but I do get lucky sometimes and pull a good run out my butt.
I think 9.5 lbs per HP is going to be a big hammer on 22 x 9.5 x 15 slicks.

Only thing I haven't figured out yet is what the rev limit will be on a 2270. I mean at what speed will I have to shift to 3rd ? will it be better to go back to the stock 3rd or leave it flipped ZD. I think the torque of flipped ZD will blurr the lights like on Fast and furious movies.
Brett W
Sounds cool. Looks like you have good potential.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.