Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Out.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
It's the end of my 914-ownership for the foreseeable future. I've sold off the car, trailer, and spares in favor of making a rather full-fledged karting campaign for the next few years. I plan on eventually getting back into cars (open-wheeled or sports cars), but I doubt it will be 914s until I'm quite older.

I want to personally thank EACH of you for your advice, criticism, parts, familial support, close competition, hamburgers, driving instruction, jokes-at-my-expense, expertise, and non-expertise. Brad, Andy, Randal, Trekkor, Grant, Dave Darling, the late-James M, Mark, Jeff K, Jeff B, Britain, Jenny, all the admins, and countless other friends I've made on this board: thank you.

I'll still peep in on the board from time to time -- so you haven't completely gotten rid of me yet... Also, expect a nice BBQ at my house soon. I figure I owe all of you a good tri-tip dinner.

n
Aaron Cox
Good luck in your future endeavors Nate dog.....
you will be missed around here..

AA
Britain Smith
Not even a shout out for me...ah thanks.

Not really, you will be missed Nathan. Let me know if you future ever brings you the PacNW.

-Britain
Jenny
Nathan, so sad to see you go...

Just because you're not a teener owner doesn't mean you can't fraternize with us. If you're free (I know, in your abundance of free time) please do join us for breakfasts & such. You can regale us with karting stories.

Jen
nebreitling
that was a thoughtless omission on my part, Britain. i'll definitely let you know next time i find myself in the PAC-NW. :beer:
ConeDodger
Nathan, Good luck with the karts. You will be back. You have a disease. You can't just walk away...

Just a last bit of advice before you go off to race karts.... driving.gif If you want to go fast in one of those things,

You have to paint the engine red! Got Ya!!!! thumb3d.gif
Jenny
IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Sep 12 2006, 10:55 AM) *

You have to paint the engine red!

av-943.gif

thanks for the good times buddy ...
beerchug.gif aktion035.gif drunk.gif Andy
andys
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Sep 12 2006, 10:33 AM) *

It's the end of my 914-ownership for the foreseeable future. I've sold off the car, trailer, and spares in favor of making a rather full-fledged karting campaign for the next few years.

n

Nathan,

What class and what organization are you going to run?

Three years ago, I retired from Karting after 25 years of competitive roadracing (mostly shifters). Never missed a season.

Super competitive, lots of track time, and above all, great people!

Andys
nebreitling
80 shifter for now: IKF/Norcal, NCK RR, and Sears.
Jenny
aktion035.gif
Toast
bye1.gif

Good Luck!
GTeener
You never REALLY stop becoming part of the club just because you no longer have a vehicle. You're alumnae dude! beerchug.gif

Best of luck with karting thumb3d.gif
Demick
Good riddance. I couldn't keep up with you anyway. biggrin.gif driving.gif

Thanks for providing some good competition and always a fun, healthy attitude. You'll be missed.

Demick
andys
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Sep 12 2006, 11:17 AM) *

80 shifter for now: IKF/Norcal, NCK RR, and Sears.

Nathan,

Hey, that's a great class. You'll have fun.

Back in about '89, I brought the first 80cc roadrace enduro shifter to Sears' for an NCK event. They didn't have a class (back then), so they ran me with 125 shifters and 135's (and one other class, I don't recall). It's hard to tell this story without seeming to be puffing myself all up, but I really did rather well. Never having run Sears before, and the (by comparisson) very limited NCK practice schedule, I figured I'd just learn the track after the green dropped (I wasn't running for their points anyway). Standing start, went from 22nd on the grid to fourth by turn 7 on the first lap. Save the long story, I finished third overall. A small crown gathered around my Kart in post race tech, Terry Ives (long time 250 SuperKart racer) included. It was great fun! The following year, I sold that Kart to an NCK member.

Never wanted to run any of my more powerful Kart's there however. I always thought it too dangerous with Armco everywhere and virtually no run off areas; though I haven't raced the recently re-configured track.

I think NCK runs one day events there now, as track rental fees have soared. Too bad they don't run Laguna anymore. Now that track is waaay fun!

Enjoy!

Andys
McMark
Nathan, we'll see you around I'm sure. I'm pissed I didn't get your phone call for In-N-Out. We had some icon8.gif salmon for dinner instead. dry.gif

I'm interested in the racing schedule because I'd like to come out some time when you're at Infineon.

Count me in for the BBQ. jsharp.gif
IanStott
I can send you a piece of rust from my project car, it will only take a sec to get it for you, all I have to do is slam a door. This way you are still an owner of a rebuildable project like me! Just send your address! Good luck in your future endeavors.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Trekkor
I already miss you alfred.gif

Just when I was about to start beating you, too. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thanks for the good times. Come out sometime and say hey.
I'll also keep up with your karting.

KT
bondo
Old 914s never die... they just get tagged as abandoned. biggrin.gif

We'll miss ya! Stop back in whenever you like.
Jeroen
Hey Nathan, don't be a stranger
Share your karting stories (here or in the paddock)
anthony
He'll be back!
Dave_Darling
Sorry to see you go. sad.gif I do hope you'll still stop in at some of the club events.

--DD
Eric_Shea
Later Nater... hurry back sad.gif
GWN7
It was good to meet you last year....like it's been said you don't need to have a 914 to be here.....look at Miles... smile.gif
SGB
OK, out you go.

really thats just a different cart, not streetable...
DanT
Nathan, good luck Karting....

glad you were able to sell all the stuff so quickly....Makes for a better Karting Budget biggrin.gif

Too bad you never got much of a chance to use your new trailer....someone got a nice one. Not to mention a nicely sorted car....but did you have to sell the wheels and tires to Trekkor rolleyes.gif
Brad Roberts
Nathan!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching you "shoe" a 914 around the NorCal courses. You have a natural talent that will really shine in the karts.

I believe that you are the only person I know who used Stanford housing/the sink to rebuild a 914 2.0 engine!! LOL

I would'nt hesitate to call you for a seat in the Boxster for an Enduro up north.

Good luck my friend! and thanks for all the good memories!

B
craig downs
Hi Nathan
Just because you don't have a 914 anymore doesn't mean you have to go away.
Your input has always been very informative and interesting so please stick around.
Glad to see your going road racing instead of sprint. I feel it is much more of the real thing by a longer spread out track and faster speeds. Have fun good luck
and stay safe.
Craig
Rand
Please rephrase... You are not "out." You are just without! One day you will be reinfected with another 914. Hah. But you ARE still one of us. So don't be a stranger. Keep in touch around here.

Randal
Nathan is a very good driver and with experience could well break into some serious professional racing.

And he is taking the right approach to get there, i.e., karting.

He is living a dream and I for one hope he pulls it off.

I'm also sure we can find a ride for him from time to time at our events, just as he has offered for us.

I know he won't be able to stay away from Hoopa.

Go get'em Nathan, but be safe in those crazy fast karts.

mike_the_man
See ya Nate. I enjoyed meeting you at WCC 05! We all know you'll be back.
grantsfo
I think the Stanford housing parking lot Alignment and Corner Balance session will go down as one of the classics for me. The looks as people were walking by were hilarious. biggrin.gif

Nathan, You re welcome to drive my 914-6 at AX events whenever you would like. Biggest issue with my car is that I have seat bolted to the floor so I can fit in the car. ....But you have to bring that kart out to at least one PCA event!

Thanks again for all your help and best of luck to you. I know you will do very well in competitive karting.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.