Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoring dash/console facing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lavanaut
I recently bought a '74 2.0 from a guy in SoCal. At some point he had replaced the dash and guage-surround with some type of wood veneer. It looks...uhhh...less than beautiful, especially now that it's starting to crack. Anyway, I want to restore it to its original stock look. Does anyone out there have pics of what it should look like? It's easy enough to find pics of the dash basket weave, but I haven't had any luck tracking down pics of the area surrounding the guages.

Many thanks in advance

Lava

EDIT: Here are some crappy cell phone pics of the areas I'm talking about, hopefully they're good enough to get the point across...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Lavanaut:
I have a couple of them in my parts stash. $10.00 + shipping. Is there any other parts to the console you need? Let me know. Dave slap.gif
Lavanaut
PM Sent
Lavanaut
D'oh! Looks like there was some confusion about what I was asking for, hopefully the pics I added to my original past provide some level of clarity. Really I'm just looking for a pic or two of what the '74 looked like in those areas, stock...

Thanks
robby750
Do these help?
robby750
That flash sure makes the dust show up.
Lavanaut
beerchug.gif *Exactly* what I was looking for, thanks very much. I've got the basketweave on order, any suggestions for the upper, smooth leather/vinyl part? I could just track something down I'm sure, but I'm wondering if there's isn't something standard that folks use for restoration projects...?
robby750
If you are referring to the area around the tach and speedo, it is painted black metal on early cars and black plastic on later years.
Lavanaut
Exactly. Man do I love this forum. Thanks again guys for the info! aktion035.gif
StratPlayer
You can paint the gauge bezel any color you want... I powdercoated one in Harley Davidson Wrinkle paint, came out excellent.
StratPlayer
another
Lavanaut
Those look quite nice. I'm going for more of a stock look myself, but it's nice to see what some other folks have done. Now if I can just get my hands on one...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.