Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Input needed by PCA-GGR members on rules proposals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
nine14cats
I encourage everyone in the 914Club that participates in PCA-GGR / LPR / Zone 7 events to log into the GGR online community, register, and post comments concerning rules proposals that are currently up for consideration.

These rules proposals are for amending the point system that is used to classify cars at GGR AX's and Time Trials. Your voice would be greatly appreciated. The new points system is an update of previous classifications that include newer cars such as 996's and Boxster's. However, there are several glaring inequities in the new system that needs to be amended. This is a natural progression with a new classification system.

Several of the proposals were put forth by our own Bill Dally (billd).

I would hate to see this opportunity missed for the membership to contribute.

Go here to login: PCA-GGR Online Forum

Click on the topic "Rules Proposals". You can then view and comment on each proposal.

Thanks,

Bill P.
race914
Hi Bill,

In line with this topic.... last weekend at Laguna Seca(Cherry's Jubilee) Neil Yonk (911 zoomie) commented that he couldn't believe I (914-4) was in his PCA-GGR class (TT5)!

Also had a long conversation with Ken Mack on this topic (he wants to go back to the previous car classification rules).

I agree the PCA-GGR car classification is out of control. WTF.gif

I'm running against fully prepared 911 sixes with my 914-4? Proves the prowess of 914s! But kind of crazy!
nine14cats
In reality, anyone that runs AX's or TT's in Zone 7 should speak up. Since GGR is so big, the other regions in Zone 7 adopt the rules that GGR comes up with. In essence, if only GGR members voice their opinions, several members from other regions may not get a voice.

It's pretty easy reading, so I encourage any Zone 7 members to take a look.

Thanks,

Bill P.
DanT
QUOTE(race914 @ Sep 12 2006, 03:50 PM) *

Hi Bill,

In line with this topic.... last weekend at Laguna Seca(Cherry's Jubilee) Neil Yonk (911 zoomie) commented that he couldn't believe I (914-4) was in his PCA-GGR class (TT5)!

Also had a long conversation with Ken Mack on this topic (he wants to go back to the previous car classification rules).

I agree the PCA-GGR car classification is out of control. WTF.gif

I'm running against fully prepared 911 sixes with my 914-4? Proves the prowess of 914s! But kind of crazy!

Amen and amen.
nine14cats
It's obvious the base points and/or add ons need adjustments. In fact, the points committee made it sound like it would be good to run it for a year and then tweek it. We should do that.

I'm actually ok with the points idea. But we just need to account for power to weight and technology in the different cars. As long as the committee doesn't poo-poo every idea, we can make the adjustments and things should be fine.

Bill P.
DanT
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Sep 12 2006, 04:10 PM) *

It's obvious the base points and/or add ons need adjustments. In fact, the points committee made it sound like it would be good to run it for a year and then tweek it. We should do that.

I'm actually ok with the points idea. But we just need to account for power to weight and technology in the different cars. As long as the committee doesn't poo-poo every idea, we can make the adjustments and things should be fine.

Bill P.

Ahh, and there's the rub smile.gif
914forme
"I'm running against fully prepared 911 sixes with my 914-4? Proves the prowess of 914s! But kind of crazy!"

Yeah I do it all the time, run in a NASA class, and your little 914-4 will eat points like a whale at a plankton buffet!!!! Yet I run in the top three with out my suspension sorted, etc...... Most of all the driver is not sorted to the new car, and driving style. driving.gif

BTW, I take a 15 point hit for owning a 914-4, my 914-6 takes a 5 point bullet. Each class progresses after 19 points so the 914-4 bumps in a blink of an eye.

Problem with points systems is that you can never make the playing field level for anybody. It is all in the preception of the person who has to live by the rules. I think 914s get a raw deal all the time, but then I drive one. I want at least 10 points extra to play with, ah hell give me all 15 chowtime.gif
Randal
I’ve just visited the site and read the posts.

Bill Daly’s statistics really do prove the point and his proposals to correct the rules seem well weighted, but the next step, i.e., serious consideration by whoever it is that responds to the proposals doesn’t seem to be outlined.

What is the process?
nebreitling
most of those rules proposals seem geared for AX. it would seem to me that the FAR greater inequity lies in TT, should any of you choose to run that series for points next year.
Randal
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Sep 12 2006, 03:33 PM) *

I encourage everyone in the 914Club that participates in PCA-GGR / LPR / Zone 7 events to log into the GGR online community, register, and post comments concerning rules proposals that are currently up for consideration.

These rules proposals are for amending the point system that is used to classify cars at GGR AX's and Time Trials. Your voice would be greatly appreciated. The new points system is an update of previous classifications that include newer cars such as 996's and Boxster's. However, there are several glaring inequities in the new system that needs to be amended. This is a natural progression with a new classification system.

Several of the proposals were put forth by our own Bill Dally (billd).

I would hate to see this opportunity missed for the membership to contribute.

Go here to login: PCA-GGR Online Forum

Click on the topic "Rules Proposals". You can then view and comment on each proposal.

Thanks,

Bill P.

I've posted my support of Bill's proposals

After reading the posts and looking at the statistics (nice job by Bill) what I don't see is any response to the very specific proposals, backed up by real time statistics, as opposed to some oblique argument.

I wonder if the proposals will ever be seriously considered.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.