Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dizzy troubles!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shaggy
how specific is the spring in the dizzy shaft?

i had it 10 minutes ago!
i just took it out of the carb cleaner and had whiped it off and carried it into my room.
i carried all the dizzy parts into me room for reassembly and now i cant find it anywhere!

i have retraced my steps with a flash light to no avail.

so...
is it a home depot part?

-shaggy
shaggy
icon_bump.gif
bd1308
IN the dizzy shaft, or you mean the one thats connected to the weights?

Did you get that pin out? I told you it would be a PITA
TravisNeff
The only springs in there are for the advance mechanism. I hate to say it, you are screwed. I had the same issue with one of my distributors, I could not find anyone who carried them, or ever knew of a replacement part available. You can try to get another distributor and steal a spring form it, but you probably wantt the same model number dizzy to pull from - I am assuming the springs are different from dizzy to dizzy (although it might not be all that much).
bd1308
Jim, what part number is your dizzy?

b
shaggy
im talking about the spring on the top of the distributer drive shaft, the little shaft that runs off of the brass gear on the crank....

-jim
bd1308
OH

hmm

I dunno about that spring...doesnt seem TOO crucial to get the right one.

Take apart a ball point clicky pen, and stretch the spring ever so slightly bit, make it 10% longer, and use that.

b
bd1308
I think that spring helps to keep the dizzy drive from chattering between the gear drive and the dizzy body.

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.