Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 front engine mount plans / schematics?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
-JR-
Has anyone ever drawn up plans or schematics for a 914-6 front engine mount?

The stock one I am refering to and not any of the aftermarket X-baror any other flavor.

Thanks!
-JR-

POP!
ClayPerrine
If you want absoultely authetic, then you can get a mount out of a wrecked or scrapped six. They sometimes come up on e-bay or one of the bbs'.

But from experience, the bulkhead mount that is made by Rich Johnson is far superior to the stock 914/6 mount. It will handle a 3.6 with no problem, and it uses two 911 sport mounts, not the very expensive single bolt rubber block of the 914/6.

And who can see the mount from the outside? Unless you look underneath, no one will know the difference.
Root_Werks
agree.gif Clay has a good point. They (Porsche) don't make the mounts anymore and no one is pursuing making them because anything over 200hp and they need to be beefed up. wink.gif
-JR-
I agree too... That mount sells I think for about $550 on Pelican.

I just thought I would stand better odds of getting a schematic for a stock mount VS that mount.

But if anyone has schematics for a firewall type mount I am open to entertain ideas. smile.gif

I would like to build a bracket that is based on common and relatively inexpensive mounts is the ultimate goal. Thought I would start with anything I could get off the web and perhaps a rear engine mount from a 911 to get the block bracket half.

Thanks!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.