Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: moving to wyoming
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
plymouth37
For all of you who haven't heard, my last day at Renegade Hybrids was on friday. I have decided to go back to school to study mechanical engineering at UW in Laramie.
So I guess my question is, any body live in Wyoming or northern Colorado? wanna go tip some cows? or sheeplove.gif ?
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Sep 12 2006, 10:57 PM) *

So I guess my question is, any body live in Wyoming or northern Colorado? wanna go tip some cows? or sheeplove.gif ?

av-943.gif

Break a leg.
Lou W
laugh.gif
jonwatts
Maybe work on a methane injection system while yer there. ( stromberg.gif humor biggrin.gif )

Good luck on the career, you seem to have plenty of talent.

Sammy
It gets cold up there. Really frigging cold. And windy. Cold and windy.

I like it in the summer though, lots of wide open room to stretch your legs without having to fight through a crowd of idiots at every turn.

You do know how to hunt and fish, don't you? It's the law up there.
brant
You'd be surprised..
there are 3 or 4 teeners up in wyoming that participate with the colorado teener group.

brant
TROJANMAN
hope you like WIND

and sheep sheeplove.gif
Randal

For all of you who haven't heard, my last day at Renegade Hybrids was on friday. I have decided to go back to school to study mechanical engineering at UW in Laramie.

Laramie is a nice town and you have the nicest road in the US to run, heading back to Colorado on 287.
plymouth37
yeah Laramie is a pretty nice town, I went to Wyotech there for a couple years and met my wife there. mostly moving back to stretch out and be near her family.
Where else can you get a really nice 5 bedroom house with a huge garage for $180,000! what am i even going to do with 5 bedrooms?parts storage?clean room?
when I was living in laramie a couple years ago I would occasionally see black, light blue and a dark green teeners. so I know they are out there, show yourselves! biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
click on the colorado link in my sig box. sign up for our local group, and the wyoming guys will pop in and say hi.
there are quite a few of them
plymouth37
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Sep 13 2006, 08:16 AM) *

click on the colorado link in my sig box. sign up for our local group, and the wyoming guys will pop in and say hi.
there are quite a few of them

cool, thanks!
effutuo101
Good Luck and do well in school. I lived in Wyoming for a while. Laramie was a short drive away and a lot of fun. The Colorado and wyoming group are a lot of fun and a weath of knowledge. Take care
Duffster
Best of Luck!!! Don't forget your goose down supositories...
TonyAKAVW
Congrats on going back to school. Sounds like you have an aptitude for engineering, so you'll do fine. Wyoming should have plenty of open roads with little speed enforcement.....

-Tony
plymouth37
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Sep 13 2006, 08:49 AM) *
Wyoming should have plenty of open roads with little speed enforcement.....

-Tony

two of my brothers in law are cops, one a state trooper and one a lieutenant, sister in law is the prosecuting attorney for laramie. it's a good thing they like me! biggrin.gif
Kirmizi
Welcome back to Wyo. Pay no attention to our friends from "South of the Border", it's not THAT windy. (All the time) I'm not aware of any teeners in Laramie, but there's a few running around here in Cheyenne. Give us a heads up when you plan on arriving. As long as it's not snowing, a drive over the hill to Laramie will be in order. Mike
plymouth37
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Sep 13 2006, 09:06 AM) *

Welcome back to Wyo. Pay no attention to our friends from "South of the Border", it's not THAT windy. (All the time) I'm not aware of any teeners in Laramie, but there's a few running around here in Cheyenne. Give us a heads up when you plan on arriving. As long as it's not snowing, a drive over the hill to Laramie will be in order. Mike

thanks Mike!
Eric_Shea
Pay no attention to our friends from "South of the Border", it's not THAT windy.

Lying bastard.

Stole this from Z... seems appropriate biggrin.gif
Kirmizi
Oh sure Eric, pick one of our calmer days. You're gonna scare the poor boy off. LMFAO!!
byndbad914

Best of luck and good choice on the schooling!!!! I was a mechanic and worked on race cars thru my 20s, finally went back and finished the BSME just before turning 30 and took a job in aerospace. No more lower back pain (yes, had it in my 20s from bending over fenders all damn day - no jokes about how I got my raises now!!) and a better salary.

I just "phone" interviewed with a company in Louisville, CO (just north of Denver) and they intend to fly me out for an official interview next month. I mentioned my auto background and the hiring mgr commented "if you worked on cars, then you just went to the top of my list"! He was a professional welder as a young guy, so I said we are gonna be good friends as I need a friend that can weld on my tube chassis car biggrin.gif If all goes well, I may be a Colorado resident first of the year and maybe we will cross paths as I am an avid road-racer and will have a beast of a car back together by then.

Trust me, the typical ME is "stupid from the elbows down" and you are making a wise decision and your background should be a great asset. Just show them your car with the spoiler!
BMartin914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 13 2006, 12:52 PM) *

Pay no attention to our friends from "South of the Border", it's not THAT windy.

Lying bastard.

Stole this from Z... seems appropriate biggrin.gif

Where's Kevin? I'm sure he'd appreciate that pic more than most!
draperjojo
When ya get over to Rock Springs, stop at Mikes Astro Lounge for a sandwich!
So.Cal.914
I went to Jackson hole area and went 100 mi down the snake river, it was

bitchin there. Of course it was summer. Enjoy.
Crazyhippy
Take care of yourself Dana, and if you are ever in So-cal, you have a place to stay...

BJH
Boojum
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Sep 13 2006, 10:06 AM) *

Welcome back to Wyo. Pay no attention to our friends from "South of the Border", it's not THAT windy.

Like you guys say... Wyoming doesn't blow, Nebraska sucks! alfred.gif

Anyway, Laramie is a nice town. I cruise through every now and then, though not so much lately. There is a ton of awesome geography around there, which is a bonus. I was upset when they closed my favorite breakfast stop, the name of which I fail to recall, but they had pretty good eats. Haven't found a breakfast place there that stands out since. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.