Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All Air Cooled Gathering Sept 17th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
dcheek
The Central Jersey VW Society is having its second annual "All Air Cooled Gathering" in Flanders NJ on Sunday September 17th. Since I'm helping run the show I thought it would be nice to have some air cooler representation from fellow 914 owners. Last year we had about 90 cars (all VW's with the exception of one Corvair) on a miserable weather day. The weather report for Sunday is looking good so we expect a strong turnout. The venue is really unique in that its held at a private German Social Club with a beautiful full grass soccer field (actually several fields) along with German food and beer on tap. Yes, I did say beer is being served at the "club house" bar. This is a charity event where the proceeds will help a special needs child. There will also be some parts vendors (mostly VW) and prizes being raffled to raise money.

Now before you get you Q-tips all fired up I want to stress that this is real low key event with a very unstructured judging protocol. There will only be one trophy set aside for all Porsches. While this doesn't even come close to the caliber of a Porsche Zone Concours event, I'm trying my best to persuade the CJVWS officers to kick the judging up a notch and go at least 3 deep with the awards. That's not going to happen this year but, a decent turnout of air cooled 914's, or any air cooled Porsches for that matter, could persuade them to change next year. Just keep in mind that this is primarlily a VW event where all air cooled vehicles are invited.

If you're looking for a nice day out, German beer and food and help out with a good cause, make your way to Flanders on Sunday. Here is the Web Sight which has the directions and specifics:

http://www.allaircooledgathering.com/

Or you can E mail me any questions at:
dmcdavey@aol.com

Hope to see you there!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(dcheek @ Sep 13 2006, 08:04 AM) *

The Central Jersey VW Society is having its second annual "All Air Cooled Gathering" in Flanders NJ on Sunday September 17th. Since I'm helping run the show I thought it would be nice to have some air cooler representation from fellow 914 owners. Last year we had about 90 cars (all VW's with the exception of one Corvair) on a miserable weather day. The weather report for Sunday is looking good so we expect a strong turnout. The venue is really unique in that its held at a private German Social Club with a beautiful full grass soccer field (actually several fields) along with German food and beer on tap. Yes, I did say beer is being served at the "club house" bar. This is a charity event where the proceeds will help a special needs child. There will also be some parts vendors (mostly VW) and prizes being raffled to raise money.

Now before you get you Q-tips all fired up I want to stress that this is real low key event with a very unstructured judging protocol. There will only be one trophy set aside for all Porsches. While this doesn't even come close to the caliber of a Porsche Zone Concours event, I'm trying my best to persuade the CJVWS officers to kick the judging up a notch and go at least 3 deep with the awards. That's not going to happen this year but, a decent turnout of air cooled 914's, or any air cooled Porsches for that matter, could persuade them to change next year. Just keep in mind that this is primarlily a VW event where all air cooled vehicles are invited.

If you're looking for a nice day out, German beer and food and help out with a good cause, make your way to Flanders on Sunday. Here is the Web Sight which has the directions and specifics:

http://www.allaircooledgathering.com/

Or you can E mail me any questions at:
dmcdavey@aol.com

Hope to see you there!

Dave,
I'm going to try to make it because it sounds like a lot of fun. My 914 is done for the year, but I'll be coming in my wife's VR6 Passat (the money pit). So long as the weather holds out I'll probably see you there.
Pat
tod914
cya on sunday
dcheek
Pat,
Looking forward to meeting you. I will be next to a 66 Sunroof Deluxe Bug or 66 Westy (depends on Saturday's weather). I might be running around since I'm "working" this event. Just ask some of the other staff to locate me. A sure bet is to try the bar towards the end of the show.

Tod,
No Porscherama?
By the way I'm judging Porsches. I accept only cash. LOL.
Glad you can make it.

Dave
tod914
I havent been paying attention to any PCA events being my car has been tied up the past month and 1/2. Had all my stone chips and the front trunk gutter etc. repainted after a front hood hinge pivot snapped. Was going to be a winter project for the painting, but figured get it all done at once. Accept only cash... well thats a 10-4 good buddy, how about 10,000 lira then. That should get you a 6 pack of brew ;-). Porsherama is alittle too far for me to drive. Besides, how can you go wrong with Bratwurst and beer. Bringing your Beetle Dave? I contacted Ray and Sandee as well. Havent heard from Ray as of yet, but Sandee said she will be out of town.
Pat look for my white teener... looking foward to meeting you as well smile.gif
Leo Imperial
Ray and the rest of the NEWrench crew are all going to make an attempt to come. We have been spending mucho time in the shop working on Ptravnic's engine and it should be ready for Sunday. We were talking about the show last night and we are all trying to sell it as a family day to the girls. If all goes well we will be in full effect with 5 x 914's, 1 x 69'(I think)Bug and a 74' Westie. I am also working on getting 2 more bug owners, a 914 and a 69' Westie to attend. Should be a fun day for all, so here is my icon_bump.gif
Leo Imperial
And if you were unsure about the weather...

How does this look for Perfection!
tod914
Good deal Leo, be good to hook up with you guys. One of these days I'll get over to the shop. Be nice to be able to use the lift for a few hours. I'll see when Ray can schedule me in. wink.gif
dcheek
Leo,
WOW!
5 x 914's!!!!!!!!!!!!
If this happens (and I hope it does) this will go a long way to kicking up the judging and depth of awards for next year's event.
See you tomorrowl

Dave
tod914
Great event!! sorry no pics.
Leo Imperial
Great Show!
I got first in class. Of course all the other Porsches had already gone home by the time they gave out the awards biggrin.gif
Pat Garvey
What a bummer! I was so looking forard to meeting new faces!

Food poisoning hit me Saturday night - thought it was E-Coli from spinach that I ate but it was nothing more than Applebees riblets. I fired in Technicolor from everywhere for 3 hours - wore me out.

Sorry to miss it, but slept through most of Sunday. Damn!
1970 Neun vierzehn
Mmmmmmm, "Applebees' riblits". Why am I not surprised at the (ahem) "outcome"? icon8.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Sep 18 2006, 07:47 PM) *

Mmmmmmm, "Applebees' riblits". Why am I not surprised at the (ahem) "outcome"? icon8.gif

OK! You asked for it Paul! Could/maybe have been from the spinach salad I had, or from the riblets. Since I'm inclined to be a Carnivor (as created), I'd blame it on the spinach - except I'm not dead!

Can't prove it was the riblets, or I'd do the all-American thing & sue. All I know is that I've never been sicker-for -longer. Still couldn't work today or yesterday, though I'm having wine tonight & fell pretty well.

Veggies are great, except when they have poop on them. Meat I can cook the poop out of, when I cook it myself. I seem to be immune from anything related to shellfish.

Whatever...I'm back & ready to talk 914's, though I'm really soory to have missed the show in Jersey on Sunday.

dcheek
For those that were in attendance- Thanks.
There was quite alot of interest in the ol 14's

For those who didn't go you missed a picture perfect day with 122 cars on the show field. Most were VW's along with four 914's and a 356. I plan on promoting the show earlier next year to the to get a bigger "VW-Porsche" representation. Also, its my mission to improve judging and go at least 3 deep in every class.

Unfortunately I forgot the memory card to my new digital camera so zero pics. Our president took a bunch which will eventually be posted on the CJVWS web sight. I will post the URL when they are up and running.

Dave
type11969
Here are some pics I snagged:

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/typ.../AACG%20091706/

3 pages worth, sorry for repeats or crappy pics but I haven't had time to filter.

-Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.