Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bugat5speed shift versus rennshift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
will
I am looking to buy a sport shifter and would like to know which is better, bugat5speed or rennshift?
thanks,
will biggrin.gif
JWest
The RennShift is the ultimate shifter on the market. It was designed by an engineer, and is 100% CNC machined by professional machinists.

The features included came about based on feedback from real use on streets and racetracks. Our history dates back to our first prototype spring gated shifter developed and used on a 901 in 1985.

- Both 20% and 33% throw reduction are available to change at any time.

- Tunable spring gates on both sides.

- Both automatic and manual reverse lockouts included.

- Over-travel stops reduce linkage wear.

- Fully bronze-bushed for a lifetime of use.

- Simple drop-in installation.

There are hundreds of RennShifters in use all over the world. The shifters are available and will be at your door in 3 days after you order.

Any questions? Just ask - I am here to help.

Do a search on this board to find what many others have said about the product.

spunone
Yeah what he said and James is a super nice guy. >>>>.02
Aaron Cox
word...

i wub.gif mine....
GTeener
I wub.gif mine too.

My transmission is another story dry.gif
turboman808
Has anyone even used the bugat5speed?

I'd be willing try try one if someone wants to send it to me smile.gif

Have a wevo myself. Not sure if it's the best but it sure looks way cool.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(GTeener @ Sep 13 2006, 06:17 PM) *

I wub.gif mine too.

Gwen, talk to me idea.gif

I want to try one because everyone I talked to loves the Renn shift smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Sep 13 2006, 03:24 PM) *

Has anyone even used the bugat5speed?

I'd be willing try try one if someone wants to send it to me smile.gif

Have a wevo myself. Not sure if it's the best but it sure looks way cool.

i offered to road test it vs my rennshifter. got no response...
GTeener
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 13 2006, 03:41 PM) *

I wub.gif mine too.

I want to try one because everyone I talked to loves the Renn shift smilie_pokal.gif

Talk to you about my Rennshifter or my troubled transmission?

With the Renshifter it is much easier to shift into the proper gear. It's not mushy, loosey goosey. It's a nice gated feel, more modern feeling. I didn't install it myself, so I can't speak to ease of installation or adjustment.

I have slippage and groaning in first gear but I've had that going on since before I got my shifter. And it does take some effort to engage the gears. Maybe the shifter needs adjusting too. Tony Heyer told me when he had my car in for servicing last, that I was getting some oil in the clutch too, so I have other shifting issues to sort out.

You've got little to lose in getting one of your own. If you don't like it you can always go back to your current shifter.

I considered the WEVO but it doesn't work on a 914 with a 901 side shifter transmission....only a 915 transmission...or so I was told by the boys at JWE....
xitspd
RennShift is an excellent product. I have raced a cable shifter and one of the first Vellios 915/916 conversions ever produced. I chose to use the RennShift for my project because I had a highly modified 901 with LSD. If you want to use a 915, Joe O'brien has the formula for a great conversion.

Dan
Dr Evil
QUOTE(GTeener @ Sep 13 2006, 07:14 PM) *

I wub.gif mine too.

With the Renshifter it is much easier to shift into the proper gear. It's not mushy, loosey goosey. It's a nice gated feel, more modern feeling. I didn't install it myself, so I can't speak to ease of installation or adjustment.

I have slippage and groaning in first gear but I've had that going on since before I got my shifter. And it does take some effort to engage the gears. Maybe the shifter needs adjusting too. Tony Heyer told me when he had my car in for servicing last, that I was getting some oil in the clutch too, so I have other shifting issues to sort out.

You've got little to lose in getting one of your own. If you don't like it you can always go back to your current shifter.

I considered the WEVO but it doesn't work on a 914 with a 901 side shifter transmission....only a 915 transmission...or so I was told by the boys at JWE....

I guess that wasnt too clear of me. I was asking about your tranny issues because I rebuild them. Then I was coveting the Renn shifter. Not a smooth transition between the two, I admit wink.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 13 2006, 04:28 PM) *

QUOTE(GTeener @ Sep 13 2006, 07:14 PM) *

I wub.gif mine too.

I guess that wasnt too clear of me. I was asking about your tranny issues because I rebuild them. Then I was coveting the Renn shifter. Not a smooth transition between the two, I admit wink.gif

Ah! Rebuilder of transmissions smile.gif
Slipping and groaning in 1st gear and takes some effort to shift between 1st and 2nd.
URY914
I was waiting for someone to ask this question.

Why buy a product from half way around the world that no one else has used and costs more or buy from someone who supports us and sells a great product??? cool_shades.gif screwy.gif
Dr Evil
agree.gif Pauls right.

Gwen, I dont want to hijack a thread, but if you want to get some info form me about your tranny you can PM me or start a thread so I can better answer your questions biggrin.gif
will
wow!!! everyone likes the rennshift. I would like to test drive a car with a rennshift. anyone in riverside/san bernardino area?
pbanders
QUOTE(James Adams @ Sep 13 2006, 10:58 AM) *

The RennShift is the ultimate shifter on the market. It was designed by an engineer, and is 100% CNC machined by professional machinists.

Great looking shifter. I just looked at your products page for the first time - saw the fog light flasher conversion. I did my own version of this a couple of years ago, cool to see it as a simple kit. I was going to write up what I did, but now, I'll just put a link to your page.
Moneypit
Rennshifter, definately go for one. I saw one way back in Bedford at Zims... he had one there for the local swapmeet. ones going in my car as soon as he opens up on the 18th!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(will @ Sep 13 2006, 08:48 PM) *

wow!!! everyone likes the rennshift. I would like to test drive a car with a rennshift. anyone in riverside/san bernardino area?

im in corona/pomona....

let me know
JWest
QUOTE(Moneypit @ Sep 14 2006, 11:27 AM) *

Rennshifter, definately go for one. I saw one way back in Bedford at Zims... he had one there for the local swapmeet. ones going in my car as soon as he opens up on the 18th!

I have reopened again - so feel free to order!
JWest
QUOTE(pbanders @ Sep 14 2006, 11:03 AM) *

I just looked at your products page for the first time - saw the fog light flasher conversion. I did my own version of this a couple of years ago, cool to see it as a simple kit. I was going to write up what I did, but now, I'll just put a link to your page.

Thanks Brad - that means a lot coming from you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.