Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Filter Options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I am currently running K&N filters with rain hats on the /6. It gets really dusty around here at certain times of the year and I know that the K&N's don't filter really well.

What other options do I have? Use the K&N's with foam covers?
brant
there are also the option of stock, and ITG's.

(although ITG's, wouldn't be a good idea if the car is ever out in the rain)

Allan
What's the stock option?

Will the CIS air filter housing fit on the carbs?
Aaron Cox
GOOGLE "outerwears pre filters"

brant
QUOTE(Headrage @ Sep 13 2006, 04:41 PM) *

What's the stock option?

Will the CIS air filter housing fit on the carbs?

I was thinking 914/6 stock air housing.
(I honestly don't know what the filter media inside of a stock housing is?)

brant
turboman808
I want to get ITG myself but I am not sure which ones I would need. Think they are like $250 for a set also.
brant
I don't think I'd do ITG on a street car.
they are not going to work too well if it rains (especially if you shut your car off at all)

I have to put plastic bags over my race car intakes daily...
not too fun on a street car.
brant
Allan
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Sep 13 2006, 03:46 PM) *

Thanks for the link Aaron. Took a look but I remember seeing someone with these really slick looking foam covers over the filters. Can't remember who though. headbang.gif

Brant, is there a stock filter housing for a six with carbs?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Headrage @ Sep 13 2006, 05:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Sep 13 2006, 03:46 PM) *

Thanks for the link Aaron. Took a look but I remember seeing someone with these really slick looking foam covers over the filters. Can't remember who though. headbang.gif

Brant, is there a stock filter housing for a six with carbs?

yes 911 and 914 6....

they had a common "airbox" that had a snout on it...... used a cylindrical filter IIRC....

i think if you went with UNI or Pipercross foam filters on the outside of your KN gauze ones... you will be more than impervious to dirt/dust
Gary
If ya want a stock -6 aircleaner, let me know. I ended up going with K&N's on my conversion.
Allan
QUOTE(Gary @ Sep 13 2006, 06:09 PM) *

If ya want a stock -6 aircleaner, let me know. I ended up going with K&N's on my conversion.

Gimme a PM.......
Eric_Shea
The stock -6 housing is the best. It is the same as the 911 housing except it's a bit shorter for the 914 (make sure it's the 914-6 version as I'm not sure the 911 varient will fit) and incorporates a fuel enrichment system that you don't really want to use.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.