Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LOOKING FOR MEMBERS IN THE EASTERN OKLAHOMA AREA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
keebler117
I have been looking for a Porsche / Porsche 914 club in the Eastern Oklahoma Area, Somewhere around Tulsa-McAlester. Trying to get my Wife active in club events and Car Shows... If you know anyone or club, please gimmie a Holler... beerchug.gif

Thanks,
Keebler~
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(keebler117 @ Sep 13 2006, 07:42 PM) *

I have been looking for a Porsche / Porsche 914 club in the Eastern Oklahoma Area, Somewhere around Tulsa-McAlester. Trying to get my Wife active in club events and Car Shows... If you know anyone or club, please gimmie a Holler... beerchug.gif

Thanks,
Keebler~

Keebler,

This forum is pretty much limited to whackos - you know, originality freaks. So our volumn of posts is lower. If you try the Garage Forum, you'll be tapping more sane 914'ers (although, that's a matter of opinion). There are plenty of Okies in this non-club. Nice looking 914!
welcome.png
keebler117
Thanks for the Reply! I just bought this 914 last week.. 1973 914/4 2.0 FI (Actually traded from a 1987 Mustang GT Convertable)...Ends up the original owner bought it for shows and autocrosses (he was an active member with the PCA) and has only 7535 original miles on it (Documented!!) and NO RUST. Originally an Oklahoma car and will stay that way, with any luck. I have all the documents and the original log book where he took it to the Porsche dealer for all the service work performed (Porsche stamped each section) and a few Event stickers, (He never installed them). However he passed away in 1990 and the car sat in his garage untill last year when his son took possession, (Never putting the title in his name). He did repaint the car with the original color, Don't know why. The body is Perfect with NO Damage or Bondo...Must have had a few Dust scratches from sitting for so long...

Anyhow this is one sweet ride, Still drives like new! And will Run! And the newest member to our lil' family....

Keebler~
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(keebler117 @ Sep 14 2006, 09:04 AM) *

Thanks for the Reply! I just bought this 914 last week.. 1973 914/4 2.0 FI (Actually traded from a 1987 Mustang GT Convertable)...Ends up the original owner bought it for shows and autocrosses (he was an active member with the PCA) and has only 7535 original miles on it (Documented!!) and NO RUST. Originally an Oklahoma car and will stay that way, with any luck. I have all the documents and the original log book where he took it to the Porsche dealer for all the service work performed (Porsche stamped each section) and a few Event stickers, (He never installed them). However he passed away in 1990 and the car sat in his garage untill last year when his son took possession, (Never putting the title in his name). He did repaint the car with the original color, Don't know why. The body is Perfect with NO Damage or Bondo...Must have had a few Dust scratches from sitting for so long...

Anyhow this is one sweet ride, Still drives like new! And will Run! And the newest member to our lil' family....

Keebler~

Unbelievable mileage! Probably the lowest I've heard of. We're sort of eccentric in this forum & would love to hear more about this car. Pics?
keebler117
Here are some photos of the 914.... This car is gonna drive me Crazy! Looking for sites all about it, parts (Just in case) and local orginizations...Etc... etc... I have found a new obsession, (Besides my wife)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

thumb3d.gif
Kahnn~

PS... I forgot to mention... I DID NOT INSTALL THE CD PLAYER, the guys Son that I got it from did that. Nothing I can do about it right now, however I am on the lookout for an original Blaupunkt Radio for it, will use a hideaway CD Changer later...
keebler117
headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

I tried to title the 914 today and the Oklahoma DMV said there was a LEIN on it.... The title was from Kansas. I called the Kansas DMV and they said it was Free and Clear of any Leins. Oklahoma told me to get that info from Kansas, but they wouldnt because of the Patriot Act!

Long story short... I contacted all the previous owners (Yes there was more than One) and yes the Original Owner still Lives! Boy did I fall for that one....

The original owner sold it in 1990 to the fella that used it for collateral (and paid it off)....he sold it to his buddy which sold to the Dude that traded it to me... They all want photos of it, of course and the current History...

The car has 107531 miles on it Not 7K like I was told ..... it is clear but Oklahoma DMV hasnt updated it and will look like I will have to get a Court Order, via my Attorney to do that....

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
javadog
Keebler,

Sorry to hear that the seller mis-represented the car. Back to your original question, there are quite a few active members in the local PCA region. We meet for breakfast every Saturday morning at the Wild Fork restaurant in Tulsa, at 8:00. Stop by and join us and show off the car. There are quite a few of us that own 914s.

JR
ClayPerrine
YOu need to pack up and come to the MUSR next Thursday. We will accept any registration even if you just show up....

keebler117
Hard for me to get off on Thur - Fri... I will try to get there Saturday AM, but there is a show in Wilburton that I'm taking my family to later that after noon...

Later,
Shawn~
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.