Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roller bearing/poly rear bushing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LS6/914
I have a question for those experienced with high torque motors & roller bearing rear control arm bushings. The budget I have forcasted for this project does not include these however I would like input from experience. Poly vs. roller. Mueller?
Mueller
500hp, daily driver, 750hp "on the juice", running roller needle bearings.....Renegade just bought a set a few weeks ago smile.gif

IPB Image
Scott Carlberg
Two things....

1) Mike, whose silver car is that?

2) Look, there's Rick Bontempi! lol (sorry Rich, just had to)
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 27 2003, 08:33 PM)
500hp, daily driver, 750hp "on the juice", running roller needle bearings.....Renegade just bought a set a few weeks ago smile.gif

ahhhh, Hatfields car.
550HP at the rear-wheel witout the nitros, if i recall right ...

Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Oct 27 2003, 08:38 PM)
Two things....

1) Mike, whose silver car is that?

2) Look, there's Rick Bontempi!      lol   (sorry Rich, just had to)

Richard Hatfield, the guy on the left in the pic ...

the car is a trip, Chevy V8, his daily driver.

~550 HP at the wheels without nitros
~750 HP with the booster

and, guess what? he want's more power, of course. some people rolleyes.gif
Andy
Brad Roberts
No comparison. Poly sucks. The suspension sticks/creaks/moans and generally rides rough. The roller bearings make the car feel like its riding on air. It also builds confidence while driving by not having the car "bounce" from bump to bump. The entire suspension can now work properly and NOT fight the bushings. I laugh my ass off every time I hear a Porsche at a AutoX or Time trial..or Road race when they are driving thru the pits and the car is creaking because the Poly bushings are sticking.

99% of the pics you have seen where a 914 or 911 is carrying a wheel thru the corner.... its because the bushings are sticking and not allowing the suspension/shock to keep the wheel on the pavement (not cool).

I was sold on them the first time I read data acq in a 914 with Poly... very inconsistant shock readings. Installed the roller bearings and the car damn near had the same reading lap after lap after lap.

Save your cash and pop for the rollers.

B
914Timo
Damn, I like that aircleaner coming out of the engine compartment wub.gif
porsche735
I think I saw this car on Sunday at Capitola. We were there with the kids...89 degrees on the 26th of October....at the beach. Who wudda thunk?

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.