Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Utah (SLC) RRC2006 Caravan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Who: All 914's from North, East and West

What: Caravan to Moab (via Rays in Green River??)

Where: Kohls Parking Lot at 123rd South and the Freeway (I-15)

Why: In case (when) we break down we can have support vehicles wink.gif

When: 7:00AM (We'll try to be there at 6:30 with coffee and donuts)

The 123rd South Exit is basically the southernmost exit in the Salt Lake Valley before we hit point of the mountain and the land of green Jello and Prozac (yeah there's a few more but this is easy-on easy-off access etc.).

Mapquest Map of Route

Now... the Mapquest map shows the start at "Downeast Home" because Kohls is not in their database. Kohls is right across the street.

There will be a planned stop at the East end of Wellington at the Chevron station on the corner of the famous 9 Mile Canyon entrance. As we work our way through Helper, Price and especially Wellington we will be on our best Teener behavior. Yes, it's a huge speed trap.

Lunch at the infamous Ray's in Green River? This is "the" stop for rafters, cyclists, Moab 4x4's and various "ne'er-do-wells" (I'd imagine we fit in the later category). Let's see how the time is (should be around 11:00AM) and play that one by ear.

I believe the afternoon drive starts at 1:00PM so this should give us plenty of time to get checked in and spiffed up for our next round of travels.

Please check in and let us know who's coming.

Eric
Toast
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 14 2006, 08:44 AM) *

There will be a planned stop at the East end of Wellington at the Chevron station on the corner of the famous 9 Mile Canyon entrance. As we work our way through Helper, Price and especially Wellington we will be on our best Teener behavior. Yes, it's a huge speed trap.
Eric

I know all about it. mad.gif
When are you going through Price? It may be possible that I would join up with you guys for the caravan to Moab. unsure.gif
StratPlayer
The wife and I will be there....... piratenanner.gif
draperjojo
Me B dare
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 14 2006, 08:44 AM) *

.............. "ne'er-do-wells" (I'd imagine we fit in the later category). Let's see how the time is (should be around 11:00AM) and play that one by ear.

I believe the afternoon drive starts at 1:00PM so this should give us plenty of time to get checked in and spiffed up for our next round of travels.

Please check in and let us know who's coming.

Eric

Well since Howie has that rope and whip..........we should meet up with you all! whip[1].gif

But no "salmon"? I mean lox for breakfast wink.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
draperjojo
Toast, If we leave here by 7:00AM, we should be in Price by 8:45-9:00AM. (Eric won't teach me how to do quotes smile.gif )
Eric_Shea
The teacher appears when the student is ready... smiley_notworthy.gif
Eric_Shea
But no "salmon"? I mean lox for breakfast

"Meat" is on the menu...
draperjojo
Grasp the pebble from my hand grasshopper...I mean draperjojo
Eric_Shea
You are wise beyond your ears... errr... years... (and I know how old you are, that's pretty hard) w00t.gif
draperjojo
Eric, you crack me up!!!
StratPlayer
icon_bump.gif
draperjojo
Not that I'm expecting trouble on the RRC trip. But I am now a member of AAA, and none of those "A"s stand for anonymous Eric...haha I think I'll go crank up the 914 now and run it around, then go wash the Harley. I've got an empty seat on the trip down unless I strap the Takamine in.
McMark
The NorCal crew will be joining up. We'll be going from Napa, CA to SLC on Thursday and expect to roll in around 9 pm. Anybody wanna catch dinner and a beer that night? We still need to find a hotel for that night as well, any suggestions? If you want to check our status during the trip, give me a call 707-738-5686. driving.gif

Gonna be AWESOME!
draperjojo
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 18 2006, 12:21 AM) *

The NorCal crew will be joining up. We'll be going from Napa, CA to SLC on Thursday and expect to roll in around 9 pm. Anybody wanna catch dinner and a beer that night? We still need to find a hotel for that night as well, any suggestions? If you want to check our status during the trip, give me a call 707-738-5686. driving.gif

Gonna be AWESOME!

The closest hotel to where we are meeting in the morning is the Holiday Inn Express at 801-571-2511. Its within 1/4 mile of the Kohl's parking lot that we're leaving from at 7AM.
Toast
QUOTE(draperjojo @ Sep 14 2006, 06:05 PM) *

Toast, If we leave here by 7:00AM, we should be in Price by 8:45-9:00AM. (Eric won't teach me how to do quotes smile.gif )

Ok. If i'm in Price at that time, look for me at the Smith's parking lot behind the big sign in front of the gas station. If i'm not there, then pass on by and i'll see you in Moab!

Draper..... click the quote button under the post of the person that you want to quote. It will turn red with a negaive sign. Then click the Reply button and it will take you to the screen where you type your message.

Or, you can highlight the text, click the Add Reply button at the bottom of the screen. Then right-click in the area where you type your message and select Past. Then highlight the text again. In the area that has the B I U S A, click on the square box that looks like a quote bubble and wa la....text is now in a quote.

rolleyes.gif
Eric_Shea
smilie_pokal.gif

Why don't you guys stay at my house? Guest room with a double and a pull out couch with a double in the theater room.

If you want your own space then I believe the place Dave's talking about is closest. There's a Fairfield right there next to Ruby Tuesday's as well (right there... walking distance to Kohl's literally).

I will be arriving from SFO that evening as well but it will be on United and around 11:25PM. Let me know if you want to stay and I will have Vanessa get everything ready for you.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Toast @ Sep 18 2006, 07:26 AM) *

Draper..... click the quote button under the post of the person that you want to quote. It will turn red with a negaive sign. Then click the Reply button and it will take you to the screen where you type your message.

Or, you can highlight the text, click the Add Reply button at the bottom of the screen. Then right-click in the area where you type your message and select Past. Then highlight the text again. In the area that has the B I U S A, click on the square box that looks like a quote bubble and wa la....text is now in a quote.

rolleyes.gif

This public service announcement has been brought to you by............. biggrin.gif
draperjojo

rolleyes.gif[quote]

Testing 1,2,3 Breaker one-nine...go break
draperjojo

I think I did it. Can I quote like big people now?
Eric_Shea
He grew up in Northern Florida and he smoked a bunch of weed smoke.gif

We don't officially recognize him here in God's country... huh.gif
Eric_Shea
Speaking of weed, who's bringing the...

Guitars?
draperjojo
Guitars?

I'll bring the Takamine, do I need anything else? I could bring a strat with one of those battery operated amps if ya want.

Did someone say weed................I hear ya spray for that in gods country.
Eric_Shea
I'll probably bring the Dobro just for fun. Now, where the hell did I put that slide?
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 18 2006, 07:30 PM) *

I'll probably bring the Dobro just for fun. Now, where the hell did I put that slide?

Awesome.........you guys are bringing some guitars!!!! clap56.gif

E............look around..........maybe you left the slide in the drawer next to your "Salmon" shirt lol3.gif
(wouldn't want to forget the shirt either wink.gif)

Lisa
cool_shades.gif
draperjojo
icon_bump.gif
Eric_Shea
Shirt is packed... this time it's all-out P-I-N-K.

I won't be missed.
StratPlayer
All packed and ready to go,,, see you at Kohls parking lot in the morning,,, should roll in there about 6:45, I will have some hot Bad Ass Coffee with me,,, boldblue.gif
TINCAN914
[quote name='StratPlayer' date='Sep 21 2006, 04:54 PM' post='777862']
, I will have some hot Bad Ass Coffee with me,,, boldblue.gif

I don't know if I would drink anything with the words Bad Ass in it... biggrin.gif Just thinking about it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. icon8.gif
StratPlayer
Best Kona coffee in the world

draperjojo
6:45AM it is piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.