Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Roll Cage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
Anyone who has a roll cage/bar; exactly how much room is there for the engine lid release? I've been told that there's room between the bar and the pull knob, but I would like to see some photo's of this area if possible. Deckman, are you there?? I coulda kicked myself realizing I forgot to look at your car at the GAF until after I left. Photo's anyone?

Thanks a bunch,

Andys
Eric_Shea
I moved my release to the grill beside the engine lid ALA: the GT cars. It would give outside access to your engine but... I don't see that as a big problem. Others might though confused24.gif

It was fairly easy. Cut. Heat. Bend. Reweld. Shorten Cable. Use Bug handle.

Link to an old thread...
JPB
Sorry but me car is getting painted but what I did is just bent in the area in question which allows the botton to be pulled past it. I also dimpled the top of the winshield bar for the targa clips. Heat hammer boom done.

beer.gif Piece of cake!
Brad Roberts
I beleive the GT solution is the best, however if you are in close communication with your tube bender for the main hoop.. he can bend it so it lands just to the inside of the knob. I trim one side of the knob down and make damn sure the assembly/cable all work flawlessly smooth.

B
ChrisFoley
I seem to remember trimming the back end of the knob and tapping the threads so it screwed on deeper, when my car still had a trunk release.
My main hoop is outboard of the pull knob, not inboard as Brad suggests.
Downunderman
Just replace the existing cable with some stainless steel multi strand boat stuff and leave it a bit long and put a ring on the end and let hang down beside the long.
JPB
Cool modificatons fellas. I made my own cage and, well, made my own path.LOL No more sun visors and gotta have the door open to role down the windows!

beer.gif It's all good! biggrin.gif
dekman
Is this what you need? Hope this helps...... wavey.gif
andys
QUOTE(dekman @ Sep 14 2006, 05:33 PM) *

Is this what you need? Hope this helps...... wavey.gif

Yeah, those are the shots I'm looking for; Muchas gracias!!

Again, your car looks spectacular. Liked it at the '05WCC, and Liked it at the GAF. A really cool toy, for sure!

Andys
turboman808
Mine is really close. It's touching in fact. But it doesn't keep it from working.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.