Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i want this one =]
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
i love porsche
raby engine in a 550 replica....gotta be fast!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-550-Sy...bayphotohosting
JPB
Ya, this is da schmit!! I wonder if its a rear or mid engine because most were mounted on bug pans? On a 914 pan, it would be awsome.

beer.gif Rear engine av-943.gif
Allan
I think it is part 914.

At least the seats are.

Really nice looking car.
rktmn247
QUOTE(JPB @ Sep 14 2006, 10:30 AM) *

Ya, this is da schmit!! I wonder if its a rear or mid engine because most were mounted on bug pans? On a 914 pan, it would be awsome.

beer.gif Rear engine av-943.gif

Definately mid engine with AFAIK a fiberglass body on a tube frame! Nice!
jimtab
Not just nice...brilliant, mid-engine and very reasonable at 40k....if I only HAD 40k to spend I'd be on it like a duck on a Junebug....
Brad Roberts
It appears "Jakes" Ebay persona is selling this 550!!

Pretty cool.

B
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jimtab @ Sep 14 2006, 08:32 PM) *

Not just nice...brilliant, mid-engine and very reasonable at 40k....if I only HAD 40k to spend I'd be on it like a duck on a Junebug....

But it's September.

I've looked at a few of these and they are light, sure would be fun with a few pony's.
John
I have wanted one of those Beck 550's since I saw one assembled in 86 or 87. Neat old guy out East had assembled it. They can be put together really nicely.
Jake Raby
The car is VERY fast, but also very drivable..

I have 40+ people watching the auction! I have had offers to trade for everything from 930 Turbos to a Lotus!

We bulot the car to document the engine/trans install and to develop a 550 specific header and cooling system..

Its now apparent that I need to build a couple of these to sell per year :-)

I'm only selling it to buy a 356 SC to also document the process with- its SWEET!
VaccaRabite
Okay. So. Yeah.

Thats the cleanest and coolest 550 spyder kit car that I have ever seen.

Its in the top 5 of the coolest cars I have seen on this board.

Zach
Jake Raby
Thanks!
Its not really a kit car.. It is factory built and shipped into the states with paint, wiring, full suspension only needing brakes, engine and tranny..

I drove it home tonight, the power and handling are addictive! Its also very easy to drive and is getting over 35 MPG if I stay off the throttle for a 40 mile trip!!!

It looks like I'll be building a couple of these per year if they sell as well as this one appears it will!

Its not just the speed that sells these cars, when riding in or driving this car the entire moment is surreal. The wind in the hair, power, sound and everything else make it like nothing else I have ever driven, except maybe a 59 Speedster Carrera with 4 cam power :-)

someboby is gonna get a deal in this demo car, these things bring 30-32K with a crappy, disposable Type 1 grenade engine installed...
turboman808
Someday I will have one. Not now though. Pantera GTS first.

That's nice though
John
So these go for about $20k for the base kit.

One day......
shadygrady
This car is definitely beautiful, even more so in person. Thanks for showing it to us last Saturday during the tour. But I thought your wife wasn't going to let you sell it? chairfall.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.