Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Hood Alignment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
Got the front lined up but having a problem with the back drivers side-seems to be a little high.
How do I approach lowering that corner of the hood?
Everything else seems to be lined up.
Click to view attachment
Moviela
QUOTE(7T Porsha @ Sep 14 2006, 02:39 PM) *

Got the front lined up but having a problem with the back drivers side-seems to be a little high.
How do I approach lowering that corner of the hood?
Everything else seems to be lined up.
Click to view attachment

The hinge consists of two parts, the moving part in German speak is lid hinge section, and the fixed part bolted to the wheel arch is the wheel arch hinge section. The hood (lid in German speak) has a bearing bolt that wants to be lubricated with chassis grease. Remove the lid, and release the tension of the extension spring if you want to remove it for inspection or cleaning and greasing.

There are two hex bolts that attach the wheel arch hinge section to the body.
There are oblong holes in the wheel arch hinge section to align the lid for height. Make sure that the bolts are lightly lubricated. For this I use lanolin, from sheep, to keep the corrosion off the hardware. Ever see a rusty sheep? thumb3d.gif I get it from McMaster-Carr in Santa Fe Springs, CA. A few bucks for a tube, and they deliver overnight in SoCal.
McMark
agree.gif Nothing more to say. wink.gif
So.Cal.914
I use lanolin on sheep too sheeplove.gif ...... oh "from" sheep. Never mind.
Root_Werks
icon8.gif
7TPorsh
Thanks!
Can I do this with the lid still on?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.