Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So how cheap does a 964 (911) have to be, to be a donor car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Local throwaway paper has a 93 964 Carrera2 for sale....Tiptronic, with leather seats, alloys, 102K miles.....

$15,999.00.

Dunno about you but that pencils out to damn near a free 3.6 engine after you part it out.....

Comments?

Will a 964 front end bolt to a 914?
Joe Bob
BTW....the 93 3.6 is the motor I put in my SC....close to 290hp with a chip and equal length HEs......
914-8
Not sure how you are penciling that out, assuming semi-reasonable used parts prices to allow yourself to sell everything off in a matter of a few weeks or months, as opposed to taking 10 years to do it.

I don't think the front end would bolt to a 914. The 964 doesn't use torsion springs, it uses a MacPherson strut type front suspension. There wouldn't be enough room to bolt those big, wide struts and coil springs to a 914 (among other problems, I'm sure).
Mueller
still too expensive I think.....not much demand for 964 parts.... I'd give $100 for the suspension smile.gif

the car would make a nice V8 conversion vehicle.....
DanT
Not to mention that the brain and wiring harness is a matched set with the tiptronic.
Not sure how the brain would work without having the sensors from the tiptronic sending it love notes.....unless you plan on transplanting the motor and trans as a unit.
I think that introduces some extra issues confused24.gif blink.gif
Aaron Cox
or you could just buy a 3.6 for around 6k....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.