Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this thing yellow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
J P Stein
old guys rule.
Brad Roberts
JP,

The car looks GREAT!! I know you dont claim me as a "friend" but I would'nt mind shoe'ing your ride one day smile.gif

It certainly has come a long way from "day1"

Thanks for sharing JP clap56.gif

B
Joe Ricard
Nice
nine14cats
Hey JP,

What tire compounds did you settle on?

Do they get heat in them up there? laugh.gif

Bill P.
J P Stein
get my ass kicked, eh?

914forme
Wow J P that looks nice! Congrats now go out and kick some.

Wishing you the fast line through the cone.
nine14cats
[
Bill:
R35 Hoosiers. On a warm day, they get hot...even on our low traction surface.
I need to pay more attention to them as they heat cycle out long before they loose
"tread". I've "discovered" tire treatments.
[/quote]

I thought you were still running the Hoosiers. In the tail dragger, Randal and I are running GY R250 compounds and barely getting any heat in them at all. I'm wondering if I try the Hoosiers for AX. A tad softer sidewall and maybe they scrub more heat into them.

Of course, I don't plan on running the 911 much in AX's anymore, but we'll trot it out if you show up with your car. BTW, if you're down for a visit to the Bay Aear without your car, your welcome to drive Fritz.... burnout.gif

Bill P.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Sep 15 2006, 05:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 14 2006, 07:34 PM) *

JP,

I know you dont claim me as a "friend" but I would'nt mind shoe'ing your ride one day smile.gif

B

Now that's not true. We disagree on a few items, but that doesn't mean I don't consider you a friend. That said, I don't wanna take a long warm soapy shower with ya. biggrin.gif Should we meet at an AX, either here or down your way, you have a ride.
I've told you that before, nuthin's changed. I'm working on getting down to the bay area next spring to see just how good them GGR guys are.....since they won't come up here. biggrin.gif A long tow to get my ass kicked, eh?

Bill:
R35 Hoosiers. On a warm day, they get hot...even on our low traction surface.
I need to pay more attention to them as they heat cycle out long before they loose
"tread". I've "discovered" tire treatments.

Portland!!! That would be a dream! I can't even get them to come to Stockton biggrin.gif
Britain Smith
Ha, I was just about to post some pictures of the race car. I made a GIF animation of me taking a turn, but the website won't let me upload it...help anyone? I did make it my avatar.

Hey JP, maybe we can plan to go down to San Diego next summer for the PCA parade. I will drive and we can use the Yukon to tow your car. Heck, I can even borrow my buddies tandem axel trailer.

-Britain
J P Stein
<!-s easier to drive.
Joe Ricard

Hoosier makes 2 tires in R25, but they are designed for Formula Atlantic cars and I've been told they are not stout enuff for a "heavy" car.

Going to the narrower front wheels & tiars was the best thing I've done lately.
They heat up much better than the biguns' and stick better.
It's made me faster if only because it's easier to drive.
[/quote]

Well I have 47 runs on my R25 FA slicks. so far so good They certainly will not put up with any abuse. They do reward the smooth driver with awesome grip andseem to handle heat to 150 degrees and did not get greasey with 2 drivers pulling FTD level runs.
J P Stein
crash test dummy.
Mike T
Hoosier makes 2 tires in R25, but they are designed for Formula Atlantic cars and I've been told they are not stout enuff for a "heavy" car.

I use the Formula Atlantic tires on my Autocross V8 914. Car weight 2100lbs with driver with 57% rearward weight bias.

In '04 & '05 I used 23.5x12.0-15 rear and 22.5x9.0-15 front. This year I went to a new rear size 23.5x11.0-15. All in R25 compound, C3000.

I have had good results with these. On Sunday @ 77° day on sealed asphalt I was seeing 110° to 125° tire temps.

J. P. what pressures are you running?

Mike T
Mike T
How much does an FA car weigh anyway? And what's the front to rear weight bias?

Mike T
J P Stein
<!--
DNHunt
JP

Is that 0.5 deg or 5.0 deg? If it's 5.0 what you been cutting and welding?

Dave
J P Stein
decimal point
Mike T
I ended up witrh 19psi front and 23 psi rear cold. After the run the pressures were 21psi front and 24 psi rear. The tire temps were in the 110-115 range front and 118-125 rear.

Fronts were fairly even across the tread with left side tires hotter because the course was in a small lot, hourglass shaped basically 4 rights and 2 lefts.

The rears were hotter in the middle showing that 23psi was still too high.

Good first outing with the rebuilt car. Was 4th of 40 PAX. 2nd overall. Got beat by a DSR B Modified car.

Mike T
DNHunt
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Sep 19 2006, 06:01 PM) *

OK, so I dropped a decimal point biggrin.gif

No big deal JP. But, if it was 5 deg I was going to have to find out what you had up your sleeve. I'll be down to see you guys next spring. Shocks are going back to Koni and I'm adding oil injection so I can oil it like a 2 cycle (even my patience is running thin). Gonna start training my hot shoe with some karting this winter. Maybe some practice will do me some good too.

Dave
J P Stein
<!--
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.