Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side shift v. Tail Shift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
knilfer
so, i hiked up the skirt of my 914 and shot a couple pix. looks like a side shift to me, but what do i know?? please tell me if i'm right on, or if i should lay off the crack pipe. if it is a side shift, what is the secondary set of cabling to the rear of the tranny?

thanks again to everyone for their replies and pixs on the earlier RennShift post from last night.

jonathan

Click to view attachment
Rough_Rider
Side shifter indeed.

Other do hickey is your speedo connector. Don't loose it its a spendy chap to replace.
Rouser
QUOTE(knilfer @ Sep 14 2006, 10:52 PM) *

if it is a side shift, what is the secondary set of cabling to the rear of the tranny?

Yep, side-shifter, and that is your speedometer cable.
LvSteveH
Actually it's nice to see the stock cover and boot still there for the shift rod. Most cars are not so lucky sad.gif
knilfer
QUOTE(LvSteveH @ Sep 14 2006, 10:08 PM) *

Actually it's nice to see the stock cover and boot still there for the shift rod. Most cars are not so lucky sad.gif

i'm hoping that's a good sign for a sound mechanical relationship with my 914. but based on my readings, i'm no sure there is such a thing smile.gif
IanStott
I need that plastic cover and holding strap. I thought doo hickey has 2 o's.

Ian Stott
BMartin914
Yes and speedo cable and you need a Haynes manual.
Dr Evil
Yup, you need a Haynes manual. If you have all of the original stuff on the tranny it may mean that no one has attended to the upkeep of said tranny ever. Sooo, check all the usual things for condition: oil, bushings, cone screws, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.