Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On the road again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Queenie
I picked my car up from the shop last night and it's running grrrrrrrrrrrrreat! I'm so happy to be back behind the wheel of my 914. It's been a little over a month that I've been without it, and while I did have a perfectly lovely (and extremely fun) early 912 to drive in the interim, I missed my little green machine terribly much.

Many thanks to all of you who gave advice and listened to my tales of woe while getting this latest round of mechanical thingies straightened out.

I just hope the streets of SLO are prepared to have me back in action!

driving-girl.gif
redshift
WTG!

Mine is still parked (*in the rain) because of a muffler!!!!

smile.gif

M
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif driving-girl.gif

just in time for the rainy-season ...
Andy
Queenie
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 28 2003, 10:47 AM)
just in time for the rainy-season ...

Hey, it only leaks sometimes! Of course, it LEAKS RIGHT ON MY ELBOW when it does leak... blink.gif
redshift
It will cost $190 to make the rain stop on your elbow.

M
crash914
smilie_pokal.gif So what was it that caused all the problems?

I understand that you went to John Larson..... laugh.gif
Charles Deutsch
Yay Queenie! smilie_pokal.gif
Queenie
QUOTE(crash914 @ Oct 28 2003, 11:40 AM)
So what was it that caused all the problems?

I understand that you went to John Larson.....

Yep, I went to John and I'm very pleased. I will definitely continue to do business with him.

My car ended up needing a new auxiliary air regulator, some points grease, and some tweaking (dwell, valves set, things like that). It really wasn't too bad; it just needed some attention from someone who knew something about the type.

And, miraculously, my stereo works again. laugh.gif (I'm going to get that whole system rewired sometime soon, it's never been reliable because it was so poorly installed.)
Queenie
QUOTE(redshift @ Oct 28 2003, 11:20 AM)
It will cost $190 to make the rain stop on your elbow.

M

Pfeh. I just wear my Pendleton car coat (which I have owned for twenty!!! years) ... and carry a kitchen towel to mop up any excess.

wink.gif
JeffBowlsby
Yay Queenie!!! Welcome back to the land of the living... cool_shades.gif
Queenie
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Oct 28 2003, 12:13 PM)
Yay Queenie!!! Welcome back to the land of the living...

Thanks, Jeff! I couldn't have done it without you and your outstanding wiring harnesses!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.