Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loose Steering Wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
black73
confused24.gif
Instead of my usual trial and error method on things I don't know about, I thought I would ask you guys this time. beerchug.gif
Joe Bob
Either the nut is loose or the bushing is bad...
Dr Evil
Here are some exploded pics of the assembly.

Not shown are the 4 socket head bolts under the dash that hold the column in place. Make sure they are tight.

Bruce Allert
Have you checked to see if the shaft is what is giving the impression the steering wheel is loose? I had the same problem but it was the universal joint in the shaft that was loose. Grab the shaft and the wheel at the same time. Move the wheel side to side & if the shaft turns in your hand it's not the wheel. If this is the case move the wheel side to side again w/o holding the shaft & see if there is play at the universal. If I remember correctly there are allen screws that lock the universal to the shaft, one on each end. Easy fix thumb3d.gif

......b
black73
Thanks guys...

The car steers and handles pretty well. Feels like the shaft is loose in the column so I probably need the bushing Dr Evil is showing... right?
URY914
Here is a pic of the bushing installed...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.