Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window gasket or trim?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chris914
Is the trim along the edge of the front window and dash part of the window gasket? Mine is all cracked. Can it be replaced without taking anything apart. Also where can you buy it and what is the part number?
Allan
If you're talking about the large seal that runs along the top and down the sides of the windshield, it is currently unobtainium new.
SLITS
Nope, it is unobtanium also. You must remove the windshield to replace it. It just hides the turn down of the vinyl on the dash deck.
chris914
What has anyone done to make it look better?

Is the front window and gasket still available new?
736conver
QUOTE(chris914 @ Sep 17 2006, 12:59 AM) *

I didnt put one on my old car but my windshield was painted on the inside and served the same purpose the seal did.

Click to view attachment
chris914
QUOTE(736conver @ Sep 17 2006, 08:23 AM) *

QUOTE(chris914 @ Sep 17 2006, 12:59 AM) *

I didnt put one on my old car but my windshield was painted on the inside and served the same purpose the seal did.

Click to view attachment

What does it look like from the inside?
736conver
It wouldnt be a fair comparison as it is a getty dash on the inside, that and I dont own the car and cant take any pictures. But your inside view should still look good as long as your top vinyl is in good shape.
chris914
QUOTE(736conver @ Sep 17 2006, 09:06 AM) *

It wouldnt be a fair comparison as it is a getty dash on the inside, that and I dont own the car and cant take any pictures. But your inside view should still look good as long as your top vinyl is in good shape.

I replaced the padded stock one with one I got from Dr. Evil. It looks great except for the the cracked gasket along the window now. lol. I was thinking of using some black rtv.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.