Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A 917 for sale on ebay !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
Amazing. A 917 for sale on ebay. This is not an original but a rebuilt car ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=300026967454

And best of all ... Street legal wink.gif

Built in Australia, Engine based on a 964, Biturbo, 550 HP ... more pictures on ebay...

IPB Image
bondo
That would make an AWESOME daily driver! burnout.gif
grantsfo
Nice!
turboman808
OH man I want that so bad!

Don't think I will even have that kinda money though. sad.gif
wbergtho
w00t.gif Always wanted one for the street...now I have my chance.
lotus_65
bid that bad boy, billy...

that's plain sweet! can someone translate the text?
johannes
That's what Google can do ... sorry have no time to translate. It's 1 AM here and I go to bed. I have the 914 French meeting tomorrow ... I'll post pictures monday ... See you ...

It acts with that 917 around a 1:1 reproduction of force tool out of Australia. At present it stood on the Techno Classica 2005 in meals with a suction engine with open single butterfly valves (like picture) has it a Biturbo engine on basis 964 with approx. 550 HP. A back armament on the last year engine is when desired possible. The 917 a road permission has and drives then on classical Dunlop profile tires on rims 9x15 and 15x15 for this spring. On the racing course it drives 17x15 on Good Year Slicks on 9x15 in front and in the back. Everything with old original-size central catch. With a sales the value added tax can be proven. No self-service should will be applicable the transport costs where also always after expenditure computed to a sales. Further is answered gladly by Mail. Vehicle inspection naturally possible. The following conditions recognize you on by delivery of your requirement. Ebay of auction contracts are for buyers and salesmen legally binding contracts! In place of the addition the final term of the auction is to stand here. Buyers and salesmen recognize at this time valid, highest requirement as price of adjudication on. The consequences for the buyer are: Right of revocation and return right, which are intended by the BGB in ยง 355 and 356 for remote paragraph contracts, do not apply in connection with this sales contract. The legal liability for material defects does not apply in connection with this sales contract. The vehicle is sold under exclusion of any warranty and guarantee. Requirements because of possible - also more hidden - material defects and defective titles cannot be made valid therefore after contract conclusion (= auction end). The salesman reserves himself during default the possibility of a demand for payment of damages of 25% of the Ersteigerungspreises against that, which received the addition. I confirm that the vehicle and the accessories are my freely available property and/or are subject my free control for sales. The vehicle sold under the exclusion of any warranty and warranty claims.
zen motorcycle
Where do you put your luggage confused24.gif
Britain Smith
Check out all the extra room to work in the engine bay...

Lou W
drooley.gif Now that will get you a ticket for 201 mph standing still. Beautiful. thumb3d.gif
dflesburg
original motor gone....

its not as cool without the flat 12

URY914
Looks like there's room for a -4 in front of that -6. idea.gif
Spoke
What happened to the other 6 cylinders???

I saw the 917's run at Watkins Glen back in 71. As a kid I snuck into the pit area and was able to stand next to the 3 Gulf cars. I was mesmerized with the 917 and this started my love for Porsche cars.

That year in the pits, I saw Mario Andretti looking over his Ferrari 512. He alone looking at his car, me alone looking at him. I said Hi to him and he said Hi to me. Cool.

Spoke

Cap'n Krusty
One of those Aussie repro 917s was at the GAF 2 or 3 years ago. A lot cheaper than this one, too. Scratch built, not from original parts, but REALLY well done. They had a set of blueprints, I think, or they reverse engineered it. I think it was set up for a V8. BTW, there's a whole cottage industry out there making 917 parts. There's guy in western Canada, I think, doing major parts or possibly chassis, and another in the UK. The Cap'n
Aaron Cox
what about the one at GAF this year? i didnt check it out.. KIT or REAL DEAL?

and call wayne at pelican, last i heard he had a 917 motor or two in stopck smile.gif
JoeSharp
The red and white car at the GAF is an Auzi repro. I've seen it at alot of events in the last 2 years and it continualy is being worked on as it is not complete.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
URY914
I say get three engines from Jake. 3 x 4= 12 idea.gif
jonwatts
Price should be about the same.

".... oh ne he di'n!"
jimtab
QUOTE(zen motorcycle @ Sep 15 2006, 04:10 PM) *

On the roof rack silly...... biggrin.gif
Howard
QUOTE(jimtab @ Sep 15 2006, 10:52 PM) *

Wrongo, Democrat. Your valet carries it in the support Rolls Royce so it's all set up in your private villa with the iced champagne when you arrive. It's good to be the King. biggrin.gif
Jeroen
IIRC, a finished car from the Aussies (without engine/gearbox) was 60K
So I wonder where the other 190K come from

Then again, I could be all wrong
confused24.gif
davep
QUOTE(Howard @ Sep 15 2006, 09:56 PM) *

QUOTE(jimtab @ Sep 15 2006, 10:52 PM) *

Wrongo, Democrat. Your valet carries it in the support Rolls Royce so it's all set up in your private villa with the iced champagne when you arrive. It's good to be the King. biggrin.gif

You are all wrong. It was madatory to have luggage space in the car. That is what the two pans are for behind and above the rear tires in the picture following Zen's question.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.