Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 bolt to 5 bolt conversion in Philly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FB914
Hi all:

How hard is the 4 bolt hub to 5 bolt hub conversion to do? Where do I find the parts - please don't say ebay! I have the 15 inch fuchs, all I need is the hardware/parts. Is there anybody in the Philly area who knows how to do this who can be bought/coerced/fed a lot of beer and steaks to bribe them into helping? Do I need to pay a professional? What will it cost me (ballpark)?

Thanks for the responses - the group is always very helpful.

Frank B
West Chester PA jsharp.gif beerchug.gif
JPB
Eric Shea does them in the best possible way. If you wanna do it right and have satisfaction of the conversion for as long as you own your car then he's the man.

beer.gif Look him up!
wilchek
Once you get the parts it should be an weekend job while drinking beers. i am about 40 minutes from you let me know if u need a hand. Check out the resouce forum here for info on 5 lug hubs

Dan
Spoke
I'm preparing to do a 5-lug conversion with complete 911 front suspension including steering rack & underbody sway bar and 4-to-5 lug converted rear trailing arms.

The hardest part is finding the equipment. The easy part is mounting it. The 911 front end just bolts on, and the rear 4-to-5 lug rear arms should exactly replace the existing arms. Time consuming work but not unreasonable in complexity.

OK, I won't tell you that I got the entire 5-lug suspension from a dude on Long Island from Ebay for $450.

My rear arms are not Eric Shea but his look fantastic for a good price. For the front, you could go the 4-to-5 lug converted rotor way or look for 911 struts or entire 911 front end like I have. Look on Ebay, here, Pelican for 911 pieces.

Spoke
So.Cal.914
Just a footnote, When you do the front end remember if you do have the rotors

redrilled you will have to do the same everytime you have to change them.

If you go 911 front suspension with hub you just have to replace the rotor

itself. I've seen them for as little as $150.00 and you get bigger brakes. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.