Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stainless Heat Exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smooth_eddy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-914...sspagenameZWDVW

So will these work with a 1975 2 liter engine? Are all 2 liter SS HE's the same or is there different types? Thanks, Eddy
SirAndy
QUOTE(smooth_eddy @ Sep 15 2006, 04:51 PM) *

So will these work with a 1975 2 liter engine? Are all 2 liter SS HE's the same or is there different types? Thanks, Eddy

yes and no ...

they're *nothing* like '75/'76 heat exchangers. late years don't even look remotely like early years ...

however, *if* you remove all of your exhaust and muffler etc from your current engine and replace it with *all* early parts, then yes, those HE's would work.

but again, you'll also need all the mounting hardware, a new muffler, muffler hanger and more ...
smile.gif Andy
smooth_eddy
Hmmm??? I wonder if my car has already been back-dated? The eBay HE's look just like what I have on my car. My car is a 74 with a 75 engine. Would pictures help? Eddy
Dave_Darling
If your exchangers look like those, then you have the 70-74 style exhaust. Wish we had a side view of the exchanger in that pic, because it's tough to see if they kick up at the back or not. If they do, they're 1.7 SSIs, and you'll need a 1.7 muffler and muffler hanger. And muffler gaskets.

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(smooth_eddy @ Sep 15 2006, 05:13 PM) *

My car is a 74 with a 75 engine.

that explains it ... rolleyes.gif

i thought your car was a '75 ...

if it's already backdated, then yes, they should be a direct replacement to your current '74 HE's ...
smile.gif Andy
smooth_eddy
Okay..........well I have seen what a NIB set of SS HE's go for on eBay. What is a fair price for these ones? Thanks, Eddy
cantley914
Here is a pic of the 75/76 HE`s
So you can compare

Steph

Click to view attachment

Allan
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 15 2006, 05:00 PM) *

yes and no ...

they're *nothing* like '75/'76 heat exchangers. late years don't even look remotely like early years ...

however, *if* you remove all of your exhaust and muffler etc from your current engine and replace it with *all* early parts, then yes, those HE's would work.

but again, you'll also need all the mounting hardware, a new muffler, muffler hanger and more ...
smile.gif Andy

agree.gif With the Mohawk boy.

Andy, my sister likes the look....... sad.gif
smooth_eddy
Well they are deffinately not 75-76 HE's. So what are these HE's I found on eBay worth? Thanks for the pic Steph............Eddy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Headrage @ Sep 15 2006, 07:32 PM) *

Andy, my sister likes the look....... sad.gif

well, hello sister! bye1.gif

is she cute? if so, have her email me ... cool_shades.gif
w00t.gif Andy
ConeDodger
QUOTE(smooth_eddy @ Sep 15 2006, 08:55 PM) *

Well they are deffinately not 75-76 HE's. So what are these HE's I found on eBay worth? Thanks for the pic Steph............Eddy

I own the NIB SSI heat exchangers that you speak of so I can speak to the issue with some authority. The ones you are looking at on EBay are early 2.0 liter and they should go for around + or - $400 bucks. They can be a pain to mount and not leak when they are used. But with some diligent truing of the tubes and mounting ears they will quit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.