Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jeffs 914 Road Trip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
I had a blast last weekend. Started with the 9:14 breakfast in Santa Clara…20 people and 7-8 914s in attendance. It was good to see that several Wives, GFs, SOs joined us for good times and good food. Nice to meet Jonathan Ridder and see his V8 car. Met Jeff Keyzers GF Keily and a few others…really glad you could all make it…I think I will plan get there early next time and set things up so that we sit down to order at 9:14…and not have to wait. For anyone who missed this one…be sure to join us in January! Here are a few pics, I will add to this saga as I can in the next couple days and add more photos:
JeffBowlsby
Lyressa, Andy, Me and Jonathan Ridder, L-R
JeffBowlsby
Keith Sammons
JeffBowlsby
rftg
JeffBowlsby
Keyzer-mans
JeffBowlsby
tdygj
JeffBowlsby
ug8io
JeffBowlsby
fgh
JeffBowlsby
fgh
JeffBowlsby
Then came a 6-hour cruise down I-5 to Riverside for the D&G fest on Sunday. There must have been 50-75 attendees throughout the day, a dozen partspushers and probably 25 914 cars throughout the day. Several superbly excellent Fours, Sixers and V8 cars. I didn’t get a chance to see them all and get pics. There was ash everywhere and smoke filled the air from the fires, but that didn’t stop us. It was fun to meet a few other 914 owners and put faces to names. Glenn Sager was burgermeister…and Don, Scott Kline, Sean Anderson (sp?), Elliot Cannon, Bill Root, Steve Malm, and many others…including a couple of former and present LE car owners…I am always on the hunt. I am only sorry I didn’t get to meet more of you…I know you were there…Thanks Glenn for the great meet, good food and superb T-shirt! Glenn has an excellent 2.0 engine FS, completely stock with FI and Euro pistons that is ready to go if anyone is interested. Nice looking FI harness on it too…(if I say so myself)..he now has an ignition harness to match it.
JeffBowlsby
fcgn
JeffBowlsby
Yes its real...
JeffBowlsby
kjl
JeffBowlsby
fth
JeffBowlsby
df
JeffBowlsby
gnh
JeffBowlsby
Bill Roots V8 conversion car
JeffBowlsby
yft
JeffBowlsby
Elliot Cannons car
JeffBowlsby
uiol
JeffBowlsby
ghj
JeffBowlsby
uio
JeffBowlsby
yu
JeffBowlsby
ihop
JeffBowlsby
iop
redshift
That thing in the last few pictures is pretty, whatever it is.

M
drew365
The text in the one picture says: "ihop"
your stomach must have been thinking about breakfast.
Jenny
Jeff wrote "yuki" on another one. That's not nice to say, even if you don't like the way the car looks.

Jen
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Jenny @ Oct 28 2003, 04:44 PM)
Jeff wrote "yuki" on another one. That's not nice to say, even if you don't like the way the car looks.

Jen

laugh.gif

here is a who's who of the people i met/saw/could remember
JeffBowlsby
I am going to have to watch more carefully when I enter random letters...we have to enter a message to post photos so I just jump on the keyboard.

Sorry for any confusion....

Text edited...
Malmz
EXPLORER!!!?!!! Oh those silly 914 guys... wink.gif

http://malmz.com/signatur/expedition/MVC-013S.JPG

sm
Aaron Cox
sorry- wasnt there to look at fords! laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
Who had all the 9146 conversion parts and coated 9146 heat exchangers ??

B
JeffBowlsby
I dunno...but Glenn Sager probably does. I think Glenn got some parts from him.
JeffBowlsby
On the way out of LA, I stopped to see Craig Dixons Bumblebee, from the 914 LE Registry. What a great guy! His car is absolutely original, 48K miles and is very well cared for, as its been in his family since purchased new. The engine and undercarriage are dirty from just driving it all these years, but it’s the finest Limited Edition I have personally seen to date.
JeffBowlsby
rrrr
JeffBowlsby
kkkk
ChrisReale
Show us a dirty engine pic!
kdfoust
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 29 2003, 01:03 AM)

B

A guy named Guy. I think I've seen those parts advertised on Pelican. I've got his contact info. PM me if you want it.
Red-Beard
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 29 2003, 01:03 AM)

B

I forgot the guy's name, but he wanted way too much money for everything. He was looking for $1500 for the heat exchangers. For another $100, you could buy stainless...

I plan to have my HE's coated here in San Diego.

James
Red-Beard
Jeff,

Sorry I couldn't stick around and meet you, but with the fires, we had to make tracks for Vegas!

James
Aaron Cox
red beard- your tj paint job was great! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.