Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carpet or Carpet Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jperret
We are redoing a 1973 914 2L

I can get a Carpet Kit from Pelican or I can get a Upholstery Shop to install a complete Carpet. Assuming the quality of the carpeting is the same and the price is relatively the same....

Now the discussion my son and I are having:
1. Which is "Stock" - one piece or pieced as in the kit?
2. Which will add value to the car more? - not that we would ever sell it.
3. Are their any advantages for one or the other.

Can you help us out with your ideas?
Unclerichy
I've gone with kits before and they didn't fit quite right.
As long as you like the kind of carpet the shop has i'd go with them.
The stock carpeting comes in pieces.
I don't see any change in the value.
bd1308
I went with the PP kit.

It fit *OKAY* and it was the german loop carpeting, its a shame that the PO did that *BEFORE* fixing the other stuff. Cause now its kinda trashed. I'm going to go to black though.

b
boxstr
Original Fit makes a carpet kit that fits perfectly, and it is very affordable. Comes in a great looking salt and pepper loop. I have used his carpet kits for years, I would recommend highly.
CCLATCAMP914
bd1308
do you have a link for this carpet.

I'm using a tweed heavy duty fabric for the door panels and I'm thinking salt and pepper carpet would tie in nicely.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jperret @ Sep 16 2006, 12:45 PM) *

We are redoing a 1973 914 2L

1. Which is "Stock" - one piece or pieced as in the kit?
2. Which will add value to the car more? - not that we would ever sell it.
3. Are their any advantages for one or the other.

!. Pieced

2. To a CW the pieced kit will make it more appealing.

3. Living at the beach and sailing alot I would track alot of sand and dirt into

mine, just pull out the floor piece, beat it a few times, stick it back in. My .02
GeorgeRud
Check out Auto's International, they advertise in most of the magazines and seem to have well cut, original look carpet kits or plush ones if you want.
boxstr
Original Fit Interiors Contact John at 541-459-1700 Located in Oakland Oregon.
CCLINCAMP914
Rusty
I got a kit of grey carpet from Morphenspectra... the fit was good.

I fitted it, let it settle for a while, then refitted it with a bit of spray adhesive. I thought it was a good value.

I like grey (black interior) because it hides dirt, and I don't want to vacuum every week.

Cocomats are a good investment, too.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Heeltoe914
Try PP for the kit from World PAC. mine looks great and has the loops. Its not on there website for 914 but if you ask thay will make it for you. Its offered as a 911 kit if you wont to see pic of it on there site.
jperret
Thaks for all of your inputs. You guys are great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.