Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RUBBER Boots for D-jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom
Found two sources for the rubber boots for the fuel inj harness.
WWW.VOLVO-1800.com Fuel inj parts. Pt # 943693 two pin , Pt #945783 three pin, and Pt# 943695 four pin . Kit of 7 two pin , 2 three pin , and 1 four pin about $55.00 with shipping included.
The local Volvo dealer can order the two pin ones for $4.00 ea.
Are these prices reasonable?
Tom
bd1308
VERY reasonable.

Thanks!

b
type47
do you just stretch them over the plugs on the ends of the wiring harness? what else could you do?
bd1308
buy a bowlsby harness....
JeffBowlsby
Hey I am glad you found these, I didn't know about them. They are a somewhat different design than the OEM boots, but they look like they should work. They are good for owners who dont need a new harness. The boots are important to protect the wiring from heat damage and the connections from contamination, both of which cause bad connections and FI 'issues'. I see the 5-pole boot is not available, but that boot is usually ok most of the time anyway becasue its up away from most of the heat.
StratPlayer
So how do you put them on,,, does the harness have to be taken apart to get these boots on?
bd1308
you need a special tool, called a modified jelwers screwdriver to push in a little clip inside the plastic connector, DO one wire at a time so you dont get them all mixed up--theyre all white. pinch.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Sep 16 2006, 06:59 PM) *

you need a special tool, called a modified jelwers screwdriver to push in a little clip inside the plastic connector, DO one wire at a time so you dont get them all mixed up--theyre all white. pinch.gif

agree.gif tiny flat screwdriver works very well ...

smile.gif Andy
914werke
So a related question if buy chance Youve broken the tiny retaing tab in this process headbang.gif Where can can you buy the male and female thingamajigs to replace?
bd1308
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 16 2006, 08:04 PM) *

QUOTE(bd1308 @ Sep 16 2006, 06:59 PM) *

agree.gif tiny flat screwdriver works very well ...

smile.gif Andy

Jewlers screwdriver = tiny flat screwdriver.
bd1308
Rich, how many do you need?

I have a few I could send you. I was building harnesses as a side job, until I found that I may be steppign on peopel's toes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.