Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Machine work on Minlite rims. Know of a good shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
I got a sweet deal on a set of orginal minilites rims & center caps. They have the standard lug bolt with flat washer setup. I would like to get them machined so I could use my cone seat style lug bolts I have that I use with my repo minilites. Anyone know of a good shop in the Chicagoland area that can do that?
DanT
I was told by an experienced machinst that the "old" "original" "minilites" do not take to being machined! sad.gif

I was going to do this very project on an original set from someone here on the board. They were 6.5x15s

Made in England. Back around the mid 70s.

He stated that he had tried to do exactly what you are considering and that the old original castings were very pourous and did not machine very well. Leading to possible weakness at the area of machining.
He strongly suggested I find another way to adapt those wheels to work for me.

I know folks have had success with machining the "newer" versions from Panasport.

GaroldShaffer
dry.gif

well that sucks. I do have the orginal bolts, just trying to keep to one set of lugbolts. It's not a big deal. I guess this means I have more $$ for something else laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.