Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mustang Germany Spot SPC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
This is a great Ford commercial look for the Carrera GT. http://www.fordvehicles.com/features/comme.../?id=5&cat=
CCLINCAMP914
Allan
Get me a RUF Porsche and we will compare speed.......
boxstr
Why??
Bruce Allert
Outstanding comeback! thumb3d.gif

....b
Ferg
That's Awesome!

Hoping to get a drive in one of those next summer...

Ferg burnout.gif
boxstr
I just like the guys comment, " I can't find a speed limit I like in the USA".
Bruce, see you at the swap meet, I brought the yellow zonker
CCLINSWAPMEET
Lou W
Cool, I'd like to have one. driving.gif clap56.gif
Brett W
The mustang coupe weighs in at 3900 lbs. That isn't a sports car, muscle car, or a GT. Its a fat overweight wanna be. The day a CGT owner pulls over for a POS Ford is the day the autobahn becomes a normal highway.
effutuo101
I had a friend that used to say, " it is not what you drive, it is what you pass". Keep in mind that he drove a Yugo and he flogged that car hard. This saying lasted until he ran across a 911 who let the crazy person in the Yugo pass him until the roads opened up. Then, all my friend heard was the doppler effect of a six and disappearing tail lights.
Is it only me or is the only time a mustang can go fast in the rain? The only reason we saw the GT in the comercial is for Product Lending. It is a lot like an auto shop putting a picture of a 911 or a Lambo on their sign. If people think you work on those cars, then they think you are qualified or produce high quality work when the truth is that you may not even measure up to Earl Scheib. In this case, the fact that you see a Mustang passing a GT is to give a potential and un informed driver the impression that they will be able to beat a GT on a wide open road with no speed limit. Comercials are like movies. suspend disbelief and buyer beware.

How much is it to ship a car to Germany. Or, could some of our German /6 friends go find a mustang and do a quick video of a 914 passing a mustang? I think that would be fun.
Bruce Allert
The point of the commercial (as I took it) is not about passing the Porsche. It's about being able to attain the maximum out of the Mustang that he couldn't do legally in the USA.

I think y'all try to read too much into what's being presented.
But, then again, it's all in the interpretation of the reader beer.gif

Drive on burnout.gif

....b beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.