Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Off to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland with a side
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DonTraver
Leaving this morning on another Autobahn Adventures trip, 11 days driving the Autobahn and the "Ring" in a Cayman S.

Last year when I went I was pretty sick, figured I'd better go while I can, the docs figured out what was wrong while I was on the trip. Feature this, 170 mph on the Autobahn having hot flashes, flame on, lol.

So I'm going back to do it while feeling good. I'll post some pics as the availability of internet access happens.

See ya when I get back.

Later, Don
Jeroen
have fun and be careful on the 'ring
DonTraver
Oh yeah, I watch my mirrors, and pull over, slow down and let everyone pass me, I'm the new guy on a new track.

Howard
Break a leg!
Gustl
you visit Austria?

where?
when?

wavey.gif Gustl
hcdmueller
I am jealous. I live in Germany and never get a chance to take my car anywhere. I was lucky to get it to the Nurburgring a few months ago. Enjoy the trip, be safe and take a lot of pictures. burnout.gif
hberwald
funny, I flew into Hamburg this morning...then took the train up to denmark....

Autobahn is fun..
Lou W
Have fun and drive careful, make sure you get some video too. smile.gif
DonTraver
How you doing? We're on Lindau Island today and tomorrow. Today`s a free day so I`m just kicking back, just got up from a nap, lol. The first 3 days we hit it pretty hard, 400+ miles on the autobahn the first day, only got up to 145 mph in the Cayman, it starts getting light in the front around 150mph. Yesterday a few of us went on a side trip and went up a cable car to the top of the highest mountain in Germany, can`t remember the name of the place, much less spell it, but I got pictures I can show you.

The first night we went to a symphony performance at this castle, Mozart, very nice, no pictures of that, but I did go on a tour of the castle the next day, they don't allow pictures inside, so I' bought a book and took pictures of the outside.

Some of the guys are out getting rides in a Zepplin today, $500 per person, I passed, I'd rather spend it on gas and extra miles, think I'm going to go over the limit.

Last year we took the cars to the Nurbering (sp) and raced them on the 14 mile lap track, Avis found out, damn, they've got spotters at the track this year. We can go there but if we take their car on the track it will be impounded immediately, bummer. So Mark set up a deal with a race car company where we can rent BMW's for the day at $300, we might get 30 laps out of it. 'Ya know that's cool that he did that, but it's just not the same as a Porsche, so not sure what's going to happen right now.

Just realized I forgot my camera USB cable, so I can't attach any pictures, I'll remember it next time I go online. I have it with me, just left it in my room.

I'm going to have to reduce the pictures to post them, is there a program on the site to help you do that and where is it?

Well that's about all for now, take care, see you later, Don
mudfoot76
Sounds like a great trip - I can't wait to see your pictures!

Even in a Bimmer, to have the chance for some hot laps on the 'Ring is going to be something you won't soon forget. Have fun and stay safe!
Gustl
QUOTE(DonTraver @ Sep 21 2006, 04:15 PM) *

Yesterday a few of us went on a side trip and went up a cable car to the top of the highest mountain in Germany, can`t remember the name of the place, much less spell it, but I got pictures I can show you.

that's the Zugspitze - originally it was an Austria Mountain, but one of our Imperial gave it to the Germany, because they didn't have any high mountain dry.gif
This is about 1 hour from my place ...

Sounds all great!
Have a good time - and drive secure!

wavey.gif Gustl

DEC
QUOTE(Gustl @ Sep 21 2006, 07:00 AM) *

that's the Zugspitze - originally it was an Austria Mountain, but one of our Imperial gave it to the Germany, because they didn't have any high mountain dry.gif
This is about 1 hour from my place ...

Sounds all great!
Have a good time - and drive secure!

wavey.gif Gustl

Hey Wolfgang,
now the Zugspitze is pure German biggrin.gif

@Don
Enjoy your time in Germany

Wilco
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.