Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970-6 0n e-bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john grier
Ok guys tear this one up.
It just came up on e-bay.
I do not know how to insert a link or a pic.
What is the general opinion?
John
URY914
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-Factor...1QQcmdZViewItem
This one?
john grier
Yes that's it.
What is wrong with it at that price?
URY914
Well, did I miss the word "rust" or was it not in the ad?

On the surface (maybe not the right word to use) it looks pretty good.
As always, buyer beware and get a PPI.
Part Pricer

From the pictures and description, I'd say that someone is probably giong to click on the Buy It Now button and pick that up for $12K. I wish that I had a place to keep it.
914-8
QUOTE(john grier @ Sep 17 2006, 05:49 PM) *

Yes that's it.
What is wrong with it at that price?

It looks pretty good to me, even at $12K.

He says "the paint and interior are poor." The paint does look a bit scrappy, but the interior doesn't look "poor," at least not by old 914 standards.

Biggest concern: I read it quickly, but didn't see too much about the rust situation. If it is rusted out, that obviously makes a huge difference.

But if the chassis is solid, that seems like a nice deal. The Deman rebuilt engine is a very nice thing, he is very highly regarded. Hopefully the owner has paperwork for the rebuild. Same for the Fairbanks rebuilt trans. Very nice.

$3K for a respray, some minor interior cleanup work, and some TLC and it looks like that could be a very nice car!
Part Pricer

BTW, if anyone is interested, this car is about 5-10 minutes from me. So, I could take a look at it. But, I doubt that it will last long enough for a PPI.

I have no affiliation with the seller...blah, blah.
Joe Bob
Where the fuck is South Salem....

Pacific NW or East coast?
KenH
Hey - go for it - no guts no glory - has Ebay fraud protection.

Plate says NY

Ken

914-8
I read it again, it does talk about rust a little. Although if that little bit of surface rust in the front trunk is what this seller considers "rust," I think the buyer will be in good shape!

Also mentions some rust under the vinyl sail panels??

Doesn't specifically talk about chassis or long rust, although it sounds to me like the chassis is pretty clean. It does mention having a chassis reinforcing kit and boxed trailing arms.

This seems like a potential very good deal, to me. If someone looked at it just to confirm the chassis and longs aren't total swiss cheese, and the guy has the docs for the engine and trans rebuild, I'd snap that car up in a second, even without a PPI.

It is an especially sweet deal if that is the original paint.
Rusty
I like it. Looks like a survivor and I hope it stays that way. Wish I could pick this one up. 12k seems fair.

-Rusty smoke.gif
So.Cal.914
Iam waiting for the other shoe to drop, 56,000 orig miles (hard to believe), all that

work on the engine and trans and a good body for $12,000. It even has the rare

90mm M/C. huh.gif

Maybe to good to be true,Buy it now seems just too low.....
anthony
If it is what it is, it seems fairly priced. Would anyone pay $15-16K for a car in such condition even if it wasn't rusted in hidden places?
Rusty
I agree with Anthony... it's fairly priced.

We've had some serious inflation in 914 prices in the last couple of years. IMO, partly caused by perceived scarcity of good cars and partly caused by people buying them and flipping them for profit.

I don't think there's shortage of solid cars... there's just a shortage of PERFECT, low mileage cars. Go look in the classifieds and see the FS vs. WTB ads in the cars section. Solid, stock 914s are readily available. That's what this car is, even though it's a 6.

High-buck "super" conversion cars will always command a premium as sellers try to recoup as much of their investment as possible.

If this car is what the seller says it is, then it's fairly priced, blemishes and all. Perhaps even a very good value... but I don't think it's too good to be true.

IMO, our cars simply aren't worth all that. Like the real estate market, the bubble will burst sometime.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Joe Bob
As one who buys and flips....ya gotta put a little more than a spit shine and a polish on em to sell them for a profit at even THAT price....
They only made 3300? 914 six's ,Out of that number how many are left in the world?
Just drive a six and you know what you got. The 914 six is a rare obscure car waiting
to be found...
Mueller
QUOTE(914 @ Sep 17 2006, 09:36 PM) *

They only made 3300? 914 six's ,Out of that number how many are left in the world?
Just drive a six and you know what you got. The 914 six is a rare obscure car waiting
to be found...

I'd guess there are more /6's now than back in the day, and most are better than how the factory did them smile.gif

Seems like a decent price for a keeper....a once-over PPI would be a smart idea
sixnotfour
SOLD...didnt last long...
dlo914
Anyone notice this? "Brakes are 911SC calipers and rotors, new pads, new 90mm master cylinder and stainless steel brake lines." Damn that thing must brake on a dime and give ya change in pennies. smile.gif hehe
cantley914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 17 2006, 10:38 PM) *

SOLD...didnt last long...

Guy that bought it is from Switzerland. Must figure it was a super deal if you add shipping oversea ???

Steph
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.