Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle area underbody work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mpissaquah
Can anyone recomend a good person / shop in the Seattle area that can help me with underbody repair & welding work on the right rocker pannel and jack support plate? I have some infamous rust and need to get this repaired before I paint the car.

Thanks! Mike,
effutuo101
Dunno, Troy, got any ideas?
Eric Hagelin
A couple decades ago, when I had a '76 914 and a '60 356, I used to take them to a guy named Paul Weir (strictly a 911 engine guy now, with a righteous shop in Arlington). He was the local Porsche expert back then.

When I got my most recent 914 (in April), I hooked up with him and asked him where the best shop was for 914 work. He knows all the good Porsche mechanics in Seattle - most used to work for him when his downtown Seattle Porsche shop went HUGE back in the dot com boom.

Anyway, he referred me to Aker's (first), which is up on Capitol Hill, 1 block South of Pike on Broadway. I have had nothing but excellent service from them. I do not know if they do underbody welding and repair, but it's worth a phone call. Both times I've been in there, the place is always filled with beautiful Porsches. Usually 911s and 356s, but always a couple 914s too!

Aker's
1414 Broadway
Seattle, WA 98122
(206) 329-5253

Paul also referred me to Conway Motors in Everett. You would have to Google them for the phone number. According to Paul Weir (super nice, trustworthy guy) they are the two best outfits that specialize in 914 work in this region.

Hope that helps.
Root_Werks
Eurotech Bodywerkes. 425-823-4282
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Eric Hagelin @ Sep 17 2006, 09:06 PM) *

Aker's
1414 Broadway
Seattle, WA 98122
(206) 329-5253

Paul Weir (super nice, trustworthy guy)

Hope that helps.

"Paul Weir (super nice, trustworthy guy)" hmm, I know of a few stories that don't leave me with that warm of a fuzzyfeeling.
Maybe, Jeff Hines with speak up on this.

Aker's is good as long as Denny's son doesn't do the work on your car IMHO. doesn't know crap about 914's (too young).
I loaned Denny my Djet tester last week to help them sort out a customers car. Hmm, I should go back and get it.
Denny should know a good welder/bodyguy.
I do my own work so no names from me.
sixnotfour
Eurotech Bodywerkes. 425-823-4282

they are great,
ONP eastside of downtown ,cheaper and do a good job for the money.

Paul weir does not do any work of this kind.
DNHunt
Geoff, that's funny, I was going to recommend you.

Dave
Bleyseng
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Sep 18 2006, 03:06 PM) *

Geoff, that's funny, I was going to recommend you.

Dave

Oh Yeah? I am going to recommend YOU for local 4 banger rebuilds.

I don't even have time to do my own car work let alone somebody elses...ask RichD.

PanelBilly
I might be able to help you. I'm not in the business of fix'n cars, but I've done alot of work on my own and have a commercial shop to work in. I live in Maple Valley and the shop is in Auburn. Reach me directly at billy@choicesnorthwest.com
DNHunt
Yep, I can do rebuilds. Only it's more like rererererererererererererebuilds.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.