Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: car portraits, R/C cars, anything custom painted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
djm914-6
As many of you know, I do some painting as a hobby. My hobby is starting to turn more into a business than before, so I thought I'd thow out some samples of my latest work and older favorites. I price each piece individually so if you want something, just give me a shout. I've painted on quite a few objects and also enjoy a new challange. I'm really starting to get into faux finishes too.

Edit: Images removed. better photos now on my own website
djm914-6
some more... I hope to get a real website up an running some day.

djm914-6
different surfaces...

djm914-6

bd1308
David,

I can do you a website. Sorry CISCO didnt turn out as well as I had hoped, we kept on getting hacked, and the company I hosted with threatned to take me offline and cancel my account.

I have plans to re-do it and base it on a limited connectivity machine, in order to lock it down.

b
djm914-6
Thanks for the offer on a new site and all your efforts with CISCO. Right now, I'm just trying to see what I can do and where I can take this.
djm914-6
some other items I painted recently (diabetic blood tesking kits for niece and nephew, pillow case)

mikerose
Dave, Thanks again
mikerose
More
mikerose
More
mikerose
Very custom
djm914-6
Thanks Mike. Do you need another shirt with your car on jack stands like the avatar? biggrin.gif

racerbvd
Do you do helments too???
djm914-6
djm914-6
Update:
I'm going at this graphics thing full time now. I'm working on learning web design in between drafting (CAD) and painting. If you get a chance check out my new website. It's a work in progress and I'm learning quite a bit as I go. If you have any ideas or comments, I'd love to hear them.

I'm looking to expand my offerings as well. I'll be making the move to some fine art (wall hanging stuff) on canvas and board as well as some novelty items. Turn around time will be far better than ever before.

For the month of June I'll offer special prices for 914world members as a thank you for all the help I've received with my 914 and previous paintings sold that helped me learn and push my abilities. This offer is for any paid sale but please remind me that you are from this site.

New shirt for moi: At least it's mid engined. biggrin.gif
djm914-6
Sample for sale:
Medium 50/50 Haynes Tee Shirt - Blue 914.
Regular prices: Shirt $5, Paint $25 = total $30 + shipping
Make me an offer!
djm914-6
Latest offering:
Xtra Large 50/50 Haynes Tee Shirt - Blue 914.
Regular prices: Shirt $5, Paint $75 = total $80 + shipping
Make me an offer!

I left the front plate blank so it can be personalized.

djm914-6
Bump: for the above two shirts
djm914-6
New R/C Shell. I did this one as practice for my next 1/10 scale 914. I only have two 914s left so I figured I'd practice on a body more readily available. If anyone is interested in this old Alfa, let me know. I'd rather it go to one of my friends here as I put a lot more effort into this than I'd ever hope to recoupe in payment.

Front:
djm914-6
side:
djm914-6
Back:
djm914-6
Other side:
Todd Enlund
Killer job on the Alfa... WOW!
djm914-6
Thank you Todd!

More pics here:
http://www.airbostongraphics.com/AlfaRusty.htm
djm914-6
Spring is almost here. To start off the new season, I'm offering 20% off my regular painting prices through April for 914 owners. This offer will apply to Shirts, R/C cars and even Die-Cast car repainting.
djm914-6
Here's my latest project...
http://www.lexingtonstudios.com/shop/produ...=311&page=1

IPB Image

Look for another clock of mine in the Brookstone Christmas catalog.
djm914-6
Haven't done too much with 914s lately. Here's a few pieces I painted just because I wanted to (and the samples are for sale too) ...
djm914-6
Just got notification that this clock (my original art) is now for sale through Brookstone!!!!

http://www.brookstone.com/store/product.as...amp;prodtemp=t1

If you know anyone who'd be interested, please spread the word. I sure could use the help. I also have the original for sale too though there were some changes made to make it legal to reproduce.
djm914-6
For the R/C crowd, I've got great news. I now have side stripes! I can do positive or negative stripes far faster and in much better quality than ever before.

Sample:
djm914-6
Here's the last two R/C shells I've finished. The Brumos one was fun as I tried to pinstipe the body inside out to relicate the full sized car. The yellow car is supposed to replicate my customers full sized ride. I had really wanted to remove the roof and windscreen on both of these and replace them with a short windshield, roll bars and driver figure but I still need to work on my vacuum forming skills.
BKLA
Wow.... David.... Just WOW!
djm914-6
Finished Product:
djm914-6
updated with finished pics
underthetire
I want a 914 R/c body !
djm914-6
At this point I'm sold out. I have two blanks left but they belong to another member here awaiting for paint instructions. I will be placing another order in the fall.

I have plans to someday produce my own shells with better detail and maybe more scale looks. (I'd love to do a narrow body).
Gint
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 30 2009, 02:24 PM) *
At this point I'm sold out. I have two blanks left but they belong to another member here awaiting for paint instructions. I will be placing another order in the fall.

I have plans to someday produce my own shells with better detail and maybe more scale looks. (I'd love to do a narrow body).
Those wouldn't be mine would they Dave? We should probably get that done one of these days. My fault I know. I want one of them standard stock tangerine like my /6.
djm914-6
Sorry for the late responce Mike, I haven't been around in awhile. Yes these two are yours. Just get me a picture of your car and some idea on how you want the other one painted.
djm914-6
UPDATE:
I'm getting away from the shirts and RC cars for awhile. I have a series of fine art pieces I'd like to work on and will be heading in that direction for the most part. I may still do the occasional RC piece or tee after awhile. I have three more RC cars in que and one tee shirt for a MINI owner. I've lost the ability to Modify my website but you can see what I'm working on via the AirBoston Graphics Facebook page.

Finally shipped this one:
The only decals are the lights, 914 emblem and grill. The rest is paint. This one was trying to say the least. I wanted to really push my abilities but with my day job, night job and house hold problems, things didn't go quite as planned. It didn't turn out bad for sure, but I kept finding flaws to fix or at least attempt to fix. Even the last part of removing one of the masks, pulled up the rear window trim so that had to be done with a brush. Anyway, here it is...

djm914-6
even the hood crest is paint...
PeeGreen 914
Once the Snell 2010 helmuts come out I may send the helmut to you to do a custom Autocross themed job on it if you're interested beerchug.gif
djm914-6
It's been awhile since I did a helmet. That could be a fun project.
PeeGreen 914
A redsox logo on there somewhere could be cool too biggrin.gif

djm914-6
BTW, if anyone here is on facebook, I have a personal page there and a seperate page for Airboston Graphics. If you like my work, please "like" my fb page too. Thanks!

side note, if there are any wood carvers or wood artists in New England, I set up another page for the New England Woodcarvers.
djm914-6
Just purchased a few Matchbox 914's. If you are interested in one of these repainted, drop me a line.
Gint
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 24 2010, 06:44 AM) *
Sorry for the late responce Mike, I haven't been around in awhile. Yes these two are yours. Just get me a picture of your car and some idea on how you want the other one painted.
I haven't exactly been on top of this myself. No worries here David. I'd like one painted like my /6, standard tangerine with black trim. Let's just paint the other like my zambezi /4, standard zambezi with black trim. The green one will be a driver, so it doesn't have to be show quality. wink.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
djm914-6
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 21 2010, 07:06 PM) *

I haven't exactly been on top of this myself. No worries here David. I'd like one painted like my /6, standard tangerine with black trim. Let's just paint the other like my zambezi /4, standard zambezi with black trim. The green one will be a driver, so it doesn't have to be show quality. wink.gif

Everything I do is show quality; if you wreck it, it's your fault. tongue.gif I'll add some reinforced tape to the rub points to protect the paint. Do you want the holes predrilled for body posts and or antenna?
djm914-6
I haven't shown any work in awhile so here's a clock I just finished. Yeah, I know it's not a 914 but at least it's aircooled!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.